Home – New Forums Marketing mastery buisness list

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wally2
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi gurus, i’m new here.
    I’m looking to buy a business list to market to (B2B), using email and/or mail.
    Purchasing a standard list with business name, email, phone etc is easy but i’m looking for one with contact names/decision makers in the business.
    Does any one here use business lists and can offer a supplier or any advice.

Thanks

Wally

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,341
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo Wally, It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

I do know they exist but sorry, I can’t point you in the right direction.

One tip however is to check how old the list is…. more than 6 months – and some would say less – the list is a waste of time.

Cheers
    Paul

Wally2
    Participant
    Up

OK thanks Paul

Cec Busby
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Heya
    While you can buy an email list from a list broker. I wouldn’t recommend it. Firstly it violates GDPR regulations. Secondly, contacts from a purchased list have no idea of who you are and may also report you as spam and damage your sending capabilities and reputation for the future. While it takes time to build a list it’s always better to create one from your own opt-in.

Cec Busby Editor Flying Solo
    Wally2
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Cec, do you know where i can get a list with contact names?

Cheers

Heya
    While you can buy an email list from a list broker. I wouldn’t recommend it. Firstly it violates GDPR regulations. Secondly, contacts from a purchased list have no idea of who you are and may also report you as spam and damage your sending capabilities and reputation for the future. While it takes time to build a list it’s always better to create one from your own opt-in.

lifeboat1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I echo Cec Busby’s comments. Not only is the likelihood that your own domain suffers reputational damage but quite possibly also that of other domains sharing a server IP address. It’s easy to burn your reputation and very difficult redeem it.

Tas Scale
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I too agree with above – plus I do not believe there is an ROI. You would be better off driving growth organically with “hot leads”. You only get one chance to impress, so use it wisely.

Wally2
    Participant
    Up

How can you suffer reputational damage to your domain and others?

Hot leads? lol

Tom Valcanis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Buy as many lists as you want, sure. But you will have to individually mail/call/email them and ask them to opt into your list.

The Spam Act 2003 specifically prohibits businesses from sending unsolicited commercial email. You can find out more at the Australian Communications and Media Authority (I’d link it, but they don’t seem to be allowed any more?)

Even if you do send each email individually, recipients reserve the right to complain about your business to ACMA. Break the rules enough times and you risk a five-figure fine.

I sell words because my words sell. Copywriter at I Sell Words - 0417120749
    jameshaldane.com.au
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Wally
    If you know your targets what’s stopping you from calling them without a list.
    If you email a target person cold, they will treat it as spam
    If you put in the Hard Yards you will get them on the 2nd …6th call
    There are no short cuts 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.