Home – New Forums Logistics Bulk item interstate delivery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris2013
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am here to get some advise on Interstate delivery of bulk items.

My product weights around 150kg a roll and it comes in 2m width. We are doing well locally and at the moment we are looking at expanding our market interstate. However, we could not locate any affordable logistic solution that matches what our competitor are providing interstates.

Example 2m wide roll weighing at 150kg and the freight charges are only around $150 delivered across state. Most of the quotes I have received from various logistic company ranges from $250 and above.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Chris

SourceSmart
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Hello Chris,

Could they be doing more volume in order to get their price lower?

I was sending 2 cbm interstate some years ago on a regular basis and found a guy who was back loading to where i was sending to. It was 50% cheaper for me.

Warren.

Chris2013
    Up

Hi Warren,

We have explored that option as well. The price of $250 is the discounted volume pricing i got from my freight company. Original cost at $400 plus. Hence my puzzlement.

3PL could be cheaper but our product orders are all custom to the required length hence warehousing and distribution does not work for us.

Regards,

Chris

Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi Chris, you mention it is 2m wide what is the diameter of the role? Where are you based and what cities were you looking at sending to?

Happy to have a look at a couple of our carrier partners to see if they can assist.

Cheers

Pete

Chris2013, post: 207392 wrote:
    Hi all,

I am here to get some advise on Interstate delivery of bulk items.

My product weights around 150kg a roll and it comes in 2m width. We are doing well locally and at the moment we are looking at expanding our market interstate. However, we could not locate any affordable logistic solution that matches what our competitor are providing interstates.

Example 2m wide roll weighing at 150kg and the freight charges are only around $150 delivered across state. Most of the quotes I have received from various logistic company ranges from $250 and above.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Chris

Chris2013
    Up
    Petemac, post: 207646 wrote:
    Hi Chris, you mention it is 2m wide what is the diameter of the role? Where are you based and what cities were you looking at sending to?

Happy to have a look at a couple of our carrier partners to see if they can assist.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. We are based in Adelaide. We are looking at Melbourne at the moment as its just right next to Adelaide geographically but ultimately we are looking at statewide expansion (it all comes down to freight cost to the other states).

Diameter of the roll ranges from 40cm to 80cm max.

Pickup location has forklift to assist with loading.

Delivery location is residential.

Regards,

Chris

Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Thanks for that Chris.

Pricing wise you face a couple of challenges as number of carriers do charge over 1.99 m so at 2m you do get that extra charging plus even though it weighs 150kg the dimensional weight is much higher. Also with delivery to residential it means a Tailgate truck has to be used as they won’t have a forklift available so all these do add up.

That being said, through our system can get Adelaide to Melb 2m x 80cm x 80cm @150kg for $165

If this is of any help just give me a call on 0418 698 626

Cheers

Pete

Chris2013, post: 207662 wrote:
    Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. We are based in Adelaide. We are looking at Melbourne at the moment as its just right next to Adelaide geographically but ultimately we are looking at statewide expansion (it all comes down to freight cost to the other states).

Diameter of the roll ranges from 40cm to 80cm max.

Pickup location has forklift to assist with loading.

Delivery location is residential.

Regards,

Chris

palletstorage.com.au
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    Chris2013, post: 207424 wrote:
    Hi Warren,

We have explored that option as well. The price of $250 is the discounted volume pricing i got from my freight company. Original cost at $400 plus. Hence my puzzlement.

3PL could be cheaper but our product orders are all custom to the required length hence warehousing and distribution does not work for us.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We operate a storage and 3PL business based in Western Sydney, we are also a soft furnishings wholesaler. You mention the lengths are custom, we are cutting and shipping textile fabrics on a daily basis all over Australia and have a cutting table that could accommodate your roll. I am assuming you are sending smaller amounts to the final customer – we could store/ cut and freight your goods for you.

Regards
    Ashley

Chris2013
    Up

Hi Ashley,

That sounded like something we will be looking at in tge future. Can you call me on 0431433199 to explain to more what you have to offer?

Regards,
    Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.