Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business Account for Partnership

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Basu
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Dear Soloists,

We recently got ABN for our small business as a partnership. My partner is a non resident of australia and is based out in India.

I’m a resident of Australia however.

We want to open a bank account for our business, but the banks refuse to open account as the partner is not in Australia.

How should this be handled? What are our options to open the account and handle the transactions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raj

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Try another bank. An Australian bank with direct affiliations with a bank in India may be more co-operative on the matter.

For example if you have a CBA account here it can be easier to open an ASB in New Zealand without being a resident there.

If that fails open the account in your name and have a legal agreement between you and the other partner in place in relation to the ownership of the bank account.

Basu
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 189506 wrote:
    Try another bank. An Australian bank with direct affiliations with a bank in India may be more co-operative on the matter.

For example if you have a CBA account here it can be easier to open an ASB in New Zealand without being a resident there.

If that fails open the account in your name and have a legal agreement between you and the other partner in place in relation to the ownership of the bank account.

Thank you for the information. I’ll try with couple of common banks.

Best Regards,
    Basu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.