Home – New Forums Selling online Business Advice – any help appreciated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TropicalLife
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone :)

I run an online clothing business. We are currently being harassed by a person posing as customer and seeking a new item / refund sent to them. They have no proof of purchase and continue to email us photoshopped photos of an item (from a photo they have taken from online), threatening that they will hurt our business if we do not give them their “replacement”.

We have tried many times to reiterate our policy, yet the harassment continues. I am not sure if it’s best to ignore, or to try and pursue a legal avenue to have this person stop harassing myself, and my business.

Each day we receive emails from this person requesting a further follow up on their replacement item. Despite us sending our returns policy many times, and them not being able to provide a proof of purchase, they still continue.

Sounds quite silly really – but it is becoming quite stressful as they won’t stop.

We have no sales records of the customer either as they apparently purchased the item in one of our stockists stores (and has no receipt).

Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to them? I feel like it’s almost like fraud.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    TropicalLife, post: 209426 wrote:
    We have no sales records of the customer either as they apparently purchased the item in one of our stockists stores (and has no receipt).

Howdy

Sorry to hear about your situation, although this comment causes me greater concern.. More about why are you dealing with them, advising of a refund policy (for your store) if it was bought from your ‘stockist’ as i am under the impression the correct procedure would be for them to go back to the place of purchase (not the importer or manufacturer) as their is no chain of purchase/issue/etc etc

Personally, i would take a stand most would not and would obtain all relevant info of where bought from, name, address, phone, etc etc (no discussion of return to occur) and where originally bought from and then advise you will pass all their details onto the store bought from to follow up.

If problematic emails and harassment continues directly to you after this, i personally, would bounce back an email saying that you could no longer assist due to lack of information about purchase and being bought from alternate source and advise you will not be responding to any further emails until this is resolved through the correct channels.

From an ACCC or Fair Trading perspective, if you have advised what is required and requested said proof of purchase (maybe it was stolen or old or damaged by buyer) and tried to assist to the best of your ability and said buyer is being unreasonable outside of your due processes i think they would be on your side if you retained all info..

Again though, if they did not buy from you… i cant see how any of this is your concern anyways… I could be wrong..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    TropicalLife
    Up

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your response, most appreciated.

In the beginning I did redirect the ‘customer’ to the apparent place of purchase however after hassling them for some time, she then stopped and returned to us. (I was also in contact with the Store Manager regarding her as she refused to provide them with anything other than a photoshopped picture also).

I have requested all info and she refuses to divulge anything, so I have explained we can no longer assist and additionally she needs to be in contact with the store.

Despite that, the emails from her keep coming…. just frustrating really.

Thanks a lot for your advice and reassurance, much appreciated.

I will try once again and then will ignore her completely. Thank you.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Truly, it is going to come down to how you want to let this ‘customer’ want to affect your daily activity… Personally i would just block their email, but thats me :)

Further advice, about capturing information you say all she/he is providing you is the photoshop dress? are they not giving you their name, their address? their phone numbers? if not how is the proposed replacement going to occur?

I would elude to the fact that you will ‘look into it with he store’ (no promises) and again request to do this that you require full name, address and phone numbers to discuss with store purchased at.. Vito it by saying if this information is not provided that we can no longer investigate this to a satisfactory conclusion for either party and will cease any further correspondence until this is provided (oops also request the dress back to investigate the cause and identify the the problem – which is also your rights as a seller – even though you didnt sell it.. LOL)…

This can go 2 ways..

Info provided – sweet.. after a day or 2 advise that no receipt or purchase record can be found and you require said proof along with dress return to investigate.. Person will become irritated, although you have all their info now.. If harassment continues i would speak to the Police and advice of harassment tactics being used and take documentation and also advise the said person!

No info provided – cease all communication as previously stated in your email

Please note.THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, just following processes and taking down different paths to an outcome that the person emailing you will lead you to depending on what their objective is..

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    TropicalLife
    Up

Thanks again Jason.

She has given us an address in the US and first name, however no surname or number. She has advised her ‘bad photos’ (photoshopped) are due to poor quality of her phone however her emails all end with ‘sent from iPhone’….

Have just replied as below to ‘customer’….

As per our policy sent to you previously, if your item was purchased through a store, and not our own online store, ALL exchanges and refunds must be organised directly with that store. ** (Business name) accepts no responsibility for any issues in regards to the store you have purchased from.

We have spoken with ** (Store name) who have already offered to assist you further and have generously offered to cover the return shipping for you, which you have declined.

We are no longer able to assist in this matter due to your lack of information regarding your purchase and the fact that it was bought from an independent store.

So will see how we go… thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.