Home – New Forums Logistics Business advisors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dazza53
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have been in business for over 30 years and I have just moved away from the service side of my business to supply and distribution. I feel I need some advice on direction as although I am still in the same industry, I feel that i may be out of my depth in the sales & marketing aspect . I would also like some advice on what direction we should be taking with regard to target markets. Does anyone know of another thread which might help and what are your views on Business Advisores ( I must say I am sceptical )

Thanks in advance

Dazza53

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Dazza

There is heaps of info here on Flying Solo but the targeted responses you require may take some targeted questions in the forums for you to get the right answers.

As a business advisor I can understand your scepticism, there are lots of people who don’t provide value to their clients long term. There are some advisers who have never been self employed until they became and adviser, for example!

The key, if you are going to go to a business adviser is to see up front if you gel well, they can help you in those specific areas mentioned in your post and that they provide you with comfort in their abilities. To name a few.
    You may also want to ensure they are affordable for your budget, they have hands on experience or a knowledge of your industry, for example.

Not all business advisors or business coaches are sharks – some of us are quite lovely :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I would simply suggest that you seek a business adviser who has evidence of how they helped other businesses “succeed”.

Dazza53
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 197019 wrote:
    Hi Dazza

There is heaps of info here on Flying Solo but the targeted responses you require may take some targeted questions in the forums for you to get the right answers.

As a business advisor I can understand your scepticism, there are lots of people who don’t provide value to their clients long term. There are some advisers who have never been self employed until they became and adviser, for example!

The key, if you are going to go to a business adviser is to see up front if you gel well, they can help you in those specific areas mentioned in your post and that they provide you with comfort in their abilities. To name a few.
    You may also want to ensure they are affordable for your budget, they have hands on experience or a knowledge of your industry, for example.

Not all business advisors or business coaches are sharks – some of us are quite lovely :)

Thanks for your assistance Kelly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.