Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business Buddy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    erinna
    Participant
    • Total posts: 135
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone!

So, as is normal for me, I always have ideas, and I love supporting other businesses as well.

I find it really useful to have someone to chat to and receive encourage from (and useful honest feedback too!). Sometimes, family are just a little easy going in their advice and encouragement (although we all need that too!).

So, I have put another of my ideas into motion and am now offering a Business Buddy service.

If you’re interested, please take a look at my website, and see if this might be of use for your small business or creative project.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Interesting idea Erinna. I’m wondering if you need to outline more of your experience and background though, to give people confidence in using your services. Do you have examples of ideas you’ve helped other people with? Or do you have testimonials you can add to the site?

There is a mentoring service for women here in Australia. Can’t remember what it’s called but you might want to search it out and see if you can register with them as they have a well established service and you might pick up some clients through their system.

Good luck with it!

erinna
    Participant
    Up

Hi Kathie,

Thanks for your reply!

Great idea for the testimonials! I shall see who I can drum up :)

Really like your photography pages by the way :)

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

You need to list your qualifications, otherwise just looks like your trying to exploit business intelligence.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    erinna, post: 121965 wrote:
    Hi Kathie,

Thanks for your reply!

Great idea for the testimonials! I shall see who I can drum up :)

Really like your photography pages by the way :)

Thanks, I’m obsessive and passionate about photography, particularly nature.

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

I agree with some of the comments above, before I can hand my money over to you I would want to know what I am getting for your service, or the results you can achieve :)

Best of luck!

Wendy Huang – Co-founder of SavvySME, a new social platform for small businesses.

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 121963 wrote:
    There is a mentoring service for women here in Australia. Can’t remember what it’s called but you might want to search it out and see if you can register with them as they have a well established service and you might pick up some clients through their system.

Two mentoring services that I know of are The Australian Business Women’s Network run by Suzi Dafnis and Women in Business usually run by a BEC or similar organisation. The ABN runs all year and WIB used to be once or twice depending on area (used to because the funding was cut, however this recently changed and these organisations are able to apply again this month). Can’t say what the financial rewards on ABN are but have mentored a few times on WIB and the mentors do this pro bono.

Emity Lane
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi! What all the others have said is very true. You need to more clearly define what your expertise are and what will be gained from each 1 hour session with you. I also think that your asking price is too high. Personally I cannot afford $250.00 a month for a service that I am unsure about what is exactly being offered and only 4 1 hour sessions with you. I know many other small business owners who also would not be able to afford anything that steep and will simply find another mentoring program etc..

I do not want to put you down as I do think it’s a great idea but it just needs refining to specifics and perhaps more affordable to the person starting out in business who would be looking to use your service. Good luck with it.

erinna
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for all your responses. I shall certainly take them under consideration.

I usually need external opinions to be sure my wording is properly articulate. In this case, I see I need to have a bit more of an edit. So thankyou! :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hey E,

Great idea, a chat and a coffee.. to work through business goals.. measurability is always a priority though….

Hows the cushions going?

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Opulence
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

What I really like about this is how lean your startup is. A website and a paypal button is so simple and means that if it works, you’re laughing and if not, no harm done!

However, as per the previous comments you’d need to qualify your expertise because without that, we might as well come on here at FS and chat / go to the FS meetups for free!

You’re value prop is access to someone who has experience that most would not share on here for free.

Wherever possible, try to quantify you’re successes. It makes it that much easier if you can show quantitative examples of the value you added that make your consultancy fee look small by comparison to the rewards reaped.

erinna
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Opulence – I liked the simple format myself ;)

I will do a re-jig of the wording and see how it goes.

Jason, my cushions are good thanks. I had a massive hold up due to one supplier, but I got them all back from my lovely sewing lady this week. Im doing the photos of them now :) I shall show them when they are ready.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Soz for not replying.. please do let me see… please please.. love to check em out..

Suppliers, your talking international hold ups.. i could start a thread completely dedicated to international promises that have left one unsatisfied or unfulfilled at the moment.. LOL

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.