Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Business Cards

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    linkartist
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    ::

I wholeheartedy recommend Saltprint – not only are they a great Perth small business, but their cards are fantastic :) I have had all of my card incarnations (:D) done by them.

I think it’s pretty much down to what Leela said – but also one of those “can’t hurt” type of things. I for one rarely hand out business cards, but I still invest in enough to make sure I have them when I need them — because there are people that value that sort of thing.

I guess for the $130 it costs to get them printed (more for design), it really can’t hurt to have them if you need to make an impression.

martinprint.com.au
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hey Leela – Thanks so much !!

Regarding business cards…

Those labeled pieces of cardboard are a representation of who you are and what you do. So if your card appears boring and forgettable, chances are that’s more or less what its recipients think about you, too!

126897750_c665e716cf.jpg

Thanks to technology and the creativity of the human mind, business cards these days have evolved from the typical rectangular sort into all sorts of unique shapes and sizes that you could say it’s become an art form of sorts. People are beginning to think up new ways to present their business cards. Gilded gold edges show elegance and class, while a metallic finish adds a polished, corporate touch.

http://creativebits.org/files/126898412_ad1c6d3695.jpg

There are also business cards that aim to make a lasting impression by being clever and witty. A dentist’s card may have a “bite” mark of teeth embossed on its surface, or a thumb mark for a detective’s. An acupuncturist may choose to have his name perforated into his card (the same thing he does to a patient’s skin!). A divorce lawyer may opt for a business card that splits clean right down the middle. Some business cards are really out there—edible cards, cards that look like scratch paper, cards that only reveal a name and number when stretched, business cards that are printed on tiles, on x-ray film, on virtually any type of material!

bc.jpg

Some of these ideas may be a little over the top for you but getting your card to become unique and different may positively affect your business. For one thing, your card can be an instant conversation piece when you hand it out, which easily gets a prospective client to engage you with an amused “Wow, that’s a nice card!” greeting (when people talk about your card it’s even easier to get referrals). Recipients are more likely to remember you with the impact brought on by your business card, which will also make them think twice before throwing it away.

headhunter.jpg

With printing technologies these days, you could print on any surface using varying types of ink. You can have any type of business card: laminated, made of chocolate, cross-stitched, hand painted or glow-in-the-dark—all of which, of course, comes at a price. The best design for your card should still be something that relates to the industry you’re in. If you’ve got ideas, send it over to us at Martin Print, and we’ll give you a quote! Get those ideas down on paper, and draw if you have to!

separation_lawyer.jpg

Here are some tips on creating an effective business card:

It’s still a business card, don’t forget! Although we want the card to stand out it still needs to be practical—printing your details on a brick would not be a good idea. Business cards, no matter how unique they may be should still fit inside a recipients’ pocket after a meeting or a networking function.
    Business card information should still be read clearly. Use clear type faces—don’t go too small with the font face. Also make sure you list what you do or what your service is otherwise you may not be remembered so well in months to come. Don’t let the uniqueness of your business card or the way it’s printed get in the way of these essential details.

Can it do something useful? Getting your business card magnetized can easily get it on the fridge, or making it so that it functions as a ruler or bookmark won’t make it easy for recipients to part with it.

A great direct marketing tool. A business card can hold more information other than just your name, service and contact details. Use this medium wisely: the back area can hold a map that shows how to get to your shop. It may also have a perforated area for coupons, or an area to write quotes on or the “Next Visit” date.

A fancy medium is not always the answer. A clever design
    may do the trick and save you a lot of money in product costs rather than go for something complicated. A magician may opt for a business card that looks like a playing card—an Ace of course—which is relevant, witty and cheap to produce.

Keep in mind that a unique business card can create a big impact on your clients and make a lasting impression that’s good for the business. Still, you’ll have to be aware that these cards don’t come cheap at all. The key is to find that winning idea that sticks like a good punch line, instead of going for expensive gimmicks.

If anybody has a fancy / clever business card I would love to see it! Please post it here.

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up
    martinprint.com.au, post: 4581 wrote:
    If anybody has a fancy / clever business card I would love to see it! Please post it here.

Hmmm….

Don’t have the fancy / clever ones YET, but (wink wink) was sent a really cool sample from umm (lemme think………) ah! Martin Print that are next on my list.

:)

Your products are great – fantastic quality and variations.

Heidi

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

I got my cards done by these guys http://www.clickbusinesscards.com/. I’m very happy with the quality and service. Turnaround time was 4 business days.

martinprint.com.au
    Up

Thanks so much Heidi !

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    martinprint.com.au, post: 4581 wrote:
    Hey Leela – Thanks so much !!

Anytime, Martin! I’ve been using you guys for years and it’s not only the quality of your products that I love … but also your business philosophy … I love seeing people who use Jay Abraham exponential growth strategies to make their businesses pop … it makes me WANT to give you money! (and to tell everyone else to do it to!)

Mark Prosser
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

I’m not wooed by glossy high resolutions business cards at all. They mean nothing to me. I look for examples of quality of service or product. A flashy business card is just that.

I’m more impressed with a simple matt card with simple art or design and a place to scribble notes or prices.

My favourite card was printed on 100% recycled post consumer waste paper with a commercial inkjet printer for it’s environmentally friendly aspect. The artwork was minimum and really complemented the paper. That grabbed my attention more than any glossy card because of the commitment that person was making to the environment.

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Business cards that turn me off are the ones that I think are printed at home and on standard photocopy paper with an inkjet printer. I also believe that a business card should have more on what you do that who you are printed on them. Matt or Gloss makes no difference but it must be good quality sturdy paper and I don’t care if it is recycled or not.

KoB
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

I wonder if I should have some made for dog walking service…..hmmm

martinprint.com.au
    Up

Are you ever in situations where somebody would want your contact details? Such as when you are walking the dogs?

If yes, then business cards are for sure the cheapest form of marketing in print. Or even better. Fridge magnets. They hang around longer and get noticed more.

KoB
    • Total posts: 51
    Up
    martinprint.com.au, post: 4889 wrote:
    Are you ever in situations where somebody would want your contact details? Such as when you are walking the dogs?

If yes, then business cards are for sure the cheapest form of marketing in print. Or even better. Fridge magnets. They hang around longer and get noticed more.

Yes magnet of sorts not the full fridge magnets – I can’t afford them, was thinking of a card with a “strip” of magnet that may be cheaper……

martinprint.com.au
    Up

Hi KoB,
    Yes I can supply the 30x20mm adhhesive magnets, and you can stick them on the back of your business cards. They cost $30 per 1000 magnets.

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Here’s some pretty pics of mine!

business-cards1-300x199.jpg

business-cards2-300x199.jpg

BrightBiz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

Well, I must say I was tempted with vistaprint as a way to get a quick “will do for now” version while I decided exactly where my business was going and worked on my branding…. 2 lots of cards later and I still don’t have anything usable :( So right now I just don’t have a business card, but that will change soon….

I remember seeing Martin Print while doing some research, I requested a pack from Salt Print but never received it so might just have to give Martin Print a go… thanks everyone for the recommendations :)

designmill
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

As a Graphic Designer, Business Cards are so very important.

Good quality printing which now days can be quite affordable – the printing industry is quite competitive at the moment so take advantage.

The other thing which I find important is to be creative with your cards. I know from handing out my own cards, most people say “oh wow, that’s different” – this indicates to me that they probably won’t just chuck it out.

I didn’t spend a great deal more on my cards, but I did spend a little extra thought. This might be what makes a business card worthwhile these days.

Laura Patmore
    Graphic Designer
    Design Mill

P 02 9575 7556
    E laura@designmill.com.au
    W http://www.designmill.com.au

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.