Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business courses?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sarah G
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi :-)

I want to start and manage my own business, and would really like to do a course that would prepare me for it. I have no experience in marketing or sales or manufacturing or running any kind of business, most of my work experience is administrative and legal.

So with all these business courses at uni, B Business, B Business studies, B Business Management, what’s the difference? And as someone wanting to start my own small business, would this course qualify me to be a Director of Coles or would it give me the appropriate skills and knowledge i would need for what i want to do?

Have you done any courses that you found helpful?

I am hoping to study something from mid year :-)

Sarah

Paul Serra
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Hi Sarah check out basi.com.au they have many shortcourses & workshops that help startups and small businesses for eg their beyond basics course, not sure where ur located but this is suited for Sydney members but you can check out your local business enterprise centres just google it for your local area, they may be able to point you in the right direction, some are free or with a very reasonable fee. Goodluck!

Samith
    • Total posts: 187
    Up

Hi Sarah

Have a look at http://www.enrichtraining.com.au/ Helen will help you with your requirement, she’s really good at what she does.

Best Regards,
    Samith W.

MJS_Virtual
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Hi Sarah,

I’ve just recently completed a Certificate 4 in Small Business Management through my local TAFE and would highly recommend it.

You sound like you’ve got a very similar background to me, in administrative and legal field, and like you, I had no business management experience at all when I started taking steps to start up my business.

This course was a godsend, and really helped step me through not only the “getting started” stuff like business planning etc. but also the day to day management side of things, marketing, managing staff and everything else that comes with running a successful business.

Good luck with it!

Melissa Williscroft
    MJS Virtual Business Support
    http://www.mjsvirtual.com.au

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

I was going to suggest the Cert IV in Business Management too.

Mind you, NOTHING will teach you as much as your first six month actually running your business. No matter what you learn beforehand, your learning curve will be practically vertical…. And you’ll love it.

Paul Cunningham
    • Total posts: 69
    Up
    Melinda_B, post: 35031 wrote:
    I was going to suggest the Cert IV in Business Management too.

Mind you, NOTHING will teach you as much as your first six month actually running your business. No matter what you learn beforehand, your learning curve will be practically vertical…. And you’ll love it.

Never a truer word

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.