Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Business directories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but it relates to marketing that I don’t want.

There appears to be a proliferation of online business directories, which have just gone out and grabbed info from anywhere on the net, and listed our business’s. In my case I find they dig up old information, irelevant information and incorrect details (ie phone number, address, etc).

Do any of our legal people here know what the legalities around this is. I dont want to be listed on these sites to start with, than they are using incorrect information, so any potential clients will be ringing numbers that dont exist, or just getting the wrong info. Some would say you should be on as many directories as possible, possibly true, but not when that info is wrong.

I know I can just email them and be removed, although some do ignore even those requests. Where do we stand from a legal point.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
    Bert

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

This isn’t legal advice, but I would expect you would want to at least attempt to contact them before you do anything legal.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Octopus Labs, post: 187682 wrote:
    This isn’t legal advice, but I would expect you would want to at least attempt to contact them before you do anything legal.

Yes dont worry I would, but I have one who I have contacted twice already with no luck.

It would be just good to go to them and a couple of others I have found, and say “you are in breach of XYZ regulation under the MNO rule, if you don’t stop I will take further action”. At the moment it is just a stop I dont want it.

Always nice to be able to quote something legal, that way you don’t have to go down the legal avenue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.