Home – New Forums Starting your journey business idea help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shanarla
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi

I have an idea for a business where people can come in and make their own fragrance, naming at what they like etc. – unique gift idea or activity for hens nights etc. I want to find out, if there is a law that says this type of activity is reserved for the educated chemical graduate type and if not, does anyone know where I can find information on the type of information about the chemicals used for the process that I would have to disclose to customers. Obviously minimal chemicals will be used and the majority of the ingredients will be essential oils and fragrances

Thanks
    S

HammockFG
    • Total posts: 136
    Up

Can’t be of much help with the qualifications and/or suppliers for this sort of thing, but wanted to say I think it’s a lovely idea. I love fragrance and would adore my own personal one! A friend had this done when she was in the UK. There was also a place that could mix you up your own lipstick colour :)

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Again, no help on the chemical side of things, but perhaps sticking to essential oils and organic fragrances would attract a better clientelle anyway. Many people nowadays are looking for pure organic products, so this could also be a great marketing angle for you.

Jsouer
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I really like your idea. It seems good, I would do a market check before getting into it, as I do with anything, but it sounds like people will be swept off their feet with this.

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up

Hello,

You should speak with a solicitor before proceeding, or at the very least, you need to speak with a business consultant as there may be regulations and compliance issues with your products that you may need to comply with before marketing these products.

Some general information:
    Small Business NSW
    National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme
    ACCC labelling guidelines
    Therapeutic Goods Administration

shanarla
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thanks for the posts. Seems like it would be a great idea. Will need to do more research. Thanks everyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.