Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Geodica
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m new. Thinking of starting a business and wanting some advice. I am 37, have a Bachelor of Environmental Science, have worked in a range of government departments and currently have an office I rent out for a PhD (ecology) I am currently doing. I live in a small town and would like to apply my skills in an office based business.

My question is, what business would you suggest for me at this time?

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Try thinking along the lines of what can you provide to other people or businesses that will benefit them or fulfil a need they have.

What is the benefit of this service or product, how will you deliver it, is it something people will pay for.

A feasibility test will help – http://www.mysassybusiness.com/blog/why-you-must-do-a-feasibility-test-today/

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Geodica,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

What could you go out and help someone with today? See if you can find someone who’ll let you help them. This will help you pair your skills with a problem or issue someone would love solved for them. This may become a service you could sell instantly.

So what have you done many times or “figured out” before that you could help people with.

Good luck, and please feel free to ask more questions as you come up with ideas.

Dave

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Geodica
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks all.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Craig_Longmuir, post: 190807 wrote:
    http://www.ideaswatch.com/browse :)

OMG mate, looks like i have a few hours to spend in front of that web page :)

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

I like to use the idea of applying a unique skill-set to an exisitng business concept…

i.e. Throughout your standard day to day movements consider all the businesses you see, and think of how your unique skill-set could enhance the that business; through enhanced service offering, product develpoment, alternate use for an exisitng product etc…
    This may help you uncover a common theme, which would have idenitifed a stand alone business conept, or you may just stumble across that one idea that enhances a specific type of business, thus creating an ehanced business concept from an exisitng one…?!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.