Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business Insurance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jezz1988
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

Hey

I’m currently starting a web and graphic design business, what are some good places to get IP insurance?

cheers

MSIC-VeritasEng
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    jezz1988, post: 129054 wrote:
    Hey

I’m currently starting a web and graphic design business, what are some good places to get IP insurance?

cheers

Always good to start with an insurance broker who can shop around for you as well as ensure that you have the appropriate types of insurance and coverage. Generally these would be Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, and either Workers Compensation or Income Protection (if you are a working director).

When you say “IP”, do you mean intelectual property? or perhaps was “PI” – professional indemnity.

If intelectual property that is another issue which can be covered by IP lawyers.

There are heaps of other types of coverage (from the top of my head – life, directors, etc.)…again, best to seek a broker’s recommendations.

Cheers
    Stephen

MSIC-VeritasEng
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Professional associations linked to your particular industry are also a great place to start. Often times they have engaged brokers to specifically assist members to work through the process as well as help to drive costs lower by pooling.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Jezz,

I also wonder if you meant “PI” (professional indemnity) Insurance, or actually “IP” (intellectual property insurance)?

I’ve liaised with a couple of brokers, on this forum – about both types. IP insurance has actually just been discussed in the comments of this article (scroll down to Ian Jones’ comments).

As to PI insurance, there are a few brokers here as mentioned and I’ve spoken with each Ian Jones (as per the above) and also Webber Insurance and found them both to be helpful.

jezz1988
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 129097 wrote:
    Hi Jezz,

I also wonder if you meant “PI” (professional indemnity) Insurance, or actually “IP” (intellectual property insurance)?

I’ve liaised with a couple of brokers, on this forum – about both types. IP insurance has actually just been discussed in the comments of this article (scroll down to Ian Jones’ comments).

As to PI insurance, there are a few brokers here as mentioned and I’ve spoken with each Ian Jones (as per the above) and also Webber Insurance and found them both to be helpful.

thanks for the reply, im under the impressions now i need pi insurance and business insurance.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

That makes a little more sense than IP insurance at this stage of your business :) If you haven’t found a broker/company yet – check out the links of my earlier email – both offer PI and other business insurances at competitive costs.

Mortgages In Focus
    Up

Bizcover (http://www.bizcover.com.au) is very good and offers great competitive rates for PI and business insurance.

All the best.

Shoes2u
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

I have used brokers over the years but for last 2 years have used NRMA business insurance direct as they have been cheaper although I do bulk with my car and home insurance and get a discount.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I suggest you check out imar.com.au. Very affordable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.