Home – New Forums New here? Share your story business mentor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hodgefactor
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am looking to see if anyone knows of a business mentor who is experienced in franchising. I have had several sessions with potential mentors from the small business mentoring service. While they have been useful they have admitted they do not know anything about determining whether a business is suitable for franchising or has no information about what is required to get a company set up for franchising.

I was hoping someone here would have some knowledge or advice in this area about who to turn to for franchising support.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Stephen

Sign Here Graphix
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Sounds like you need a lawyer who specializes in franchising.

As far as business mentors go, you will only ever get what you pay for. Unfortunately Kerry Packer is dead and John Elliot is too expensive for my meager little business, so I will bumble on.

Why would I pay someone who drives a 15 year old Ford Taurus and lives in a run down rental home to mentor me.

I want someone with real runs on the board, not certificates on their wall.

You need good legal advice, you need an accountant who can help you navigate the tax compliance maze, you need a business mentor like you need a new hole drilled into your head.

All I am saying is…be careful, don’t hand over any money until they can show you runs on the board, otherwise you are paying someone to play with your head and your money.

GregNunanAU
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

Hi Stephen, I’d go to the FCA (Franchise Council of Australia) website. http://www.franchise.org.au/franchising-your-business.html.

I bought into a franchise group at 35 sites and we have since grown the business to over 65. Franchising definitely has it’s strengths, and weaknesses I might add. I’m still full-time in that business and it’s a great organisation to be a part of. But franchising is not for every business that’s for sure. Send me a private message if you would like to have a chat.. Always good to connect with entrepreneurs.

Franchiseguru
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Stephen, Comments: I am founder and CEO of ‘How To Franchise Simply’ http://www.howtofranchisesimply.com.au/ and have been in the franchise sector for 30 years. During this time I have been a franchisee, broker, consultant and franchisor with offices in 5 capital cities. I have helped dozens of franchisors set up their systems and recruit franchisees as well as helped hundreds of franchisees buy and sell their franchises and am well placed to help you with this topic.Regrads Brian Keen 0417 211366.

hodgefactor, post: 159508 wrote:
    Hi All,

I am looking to see if anyone knows of a business mentor who is experienced in franchising. I have had several sessions with potential mentors from the small business mentoring service. While they have been useful they have admitted they do not know anything about determining whether a business is suitable for franchising or has no information about what is required to get a company set up for franchising.

I was hoping someone here would have some knowledge or advice in this area about who to turn to for franchising support.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Stephen

MonaM
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Stephen,

If you need any information on employing staff, legal pay rates and conditions, recruitment etc, I am an HR consultant that can assist in this regards. It seems this would come after you have taken all the steps below though to see if you do end up franchising.

All the best,

Mona Momtazian
    http://www.visionzconsulting.com

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Stephen,

We put a call out about this on Facebook for you, and received this comment from @Sjorcha Daynes-Todman:

‘My Business Success is a coaching program that has a dedicated Franchise module. It’s worth looking at’

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

VickiBobotis
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Stephen,

Check out John Dinatale.
    He recently spoke at Dale Beaumont’s Business Blueprint.

http://www.johndinatale.com.au/

All the best!

Vicki

CarlieHamilton
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

An acquaintance of mine is just starting a new business that helps businesses “replicate” (the word she uses) your business. Her name is Donna Johnston, and you can get her at [email protected]

Breevree73
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Stephen.

I am a Business Coach, have worked with franchisees, have worked for a Franchisor, have set up Operations Manuals and have reviewed Franchise Agreements and Disclosure Documents.

I have also done the Diploma of Business (Franchising).

I would love to work with you to see how your business could be franchised.

If you wish to contact me, I am on email [email protected] or phone 08 636 55 405

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.