Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business name and start-up ideas??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up
    ::

hi

Great discussion.

Ah the joys of finding the right name that fits, its a personal decision that is for sure because it has to meet your passion. You certainly have that so I like that you would be patient and wait until the passion is met with a name.

Make sure you consider all elements, re domain, business name in each state or company registration, trademark an even phoneword (1300 SARAH C).

I like the impact of a one word or punchy simplicity along the lines of billabong, tarocash etc so Chico is cool. Are all the elements available though? I also like the personalisation of using your name. Personal relationship and the emotional connection is so important in business and branding and especially in a personal item like clothing. So Sarah C or just Sarah if possible is great.

Good luck and I guess the other feeling I have is let your passion shine through with this.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sarah (aka Ms. Chievious)

Cool forum here :) I guess at this time you have some good names to ponder on.
    Some ideas about promotion, social media is good and a website also (even a simple one)
    Write a short article promoting your products focussing on your unique selling prop and farm
    them out to your local/community paper, source bottle, or PR wire. Do a lot of PR (its free!) Seek relevant sites that share your “fashion advocacy”and contribute an article or two.
    Have a soft launch or probably a mini fashion show in your local area and be open to any chance of marketing your product.

Best of luck!

Mary

Cjay
    • Total posts: 183
    Up

Hessian sack used for labels, with a stamped print on it. Very recycled, i mean, Vintage. ;)

It’s all the about the marketing in this sort of industry.

With the direction you have, I’d argue aiming towards being the clothing equivalent of the Body Shop might be a good idea. Eco aware and then you can tag on all the human rights, organic, you name it.

That way you could try get into selling those recycled bags/jewellery/other stuff that they’re making over in Africa and other places as micro businesses to support their families. Quite the growing niche.

I guess it all comes down to how big you’d like to think.

stacymorry
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Business name is not that easy to find, i am quite agree with the name you deserve for such kind of business, business name should clearly describe your mode of business and define your caliber to customers, so be careful while selecting a business name for cloths made from recycled material.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.