Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Business Name Choice? Advice/Help me choose.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Constructionpro
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, looking forward to being a regular here.

I’m starting up a building business and we have all the licensing and other requirements down but I need to choose a business name.

My question is, if you were to have to spend 50k on a bathroom/ensuite renovation which name would you go with?

Lux Bathrooms & Ensuites
    or
    Grandeur Bathrooms

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums!

It may depend on your target market. Lux may make sense to younger people. Grandeur may resonate with older people.
    Lux sounds like more modern designs. Grandeur sounds more high end (also maybe Stately Bathrooms).

I also like “Bathrooms by Your Name”. It positions you as an artist and gives a feeling that each bathroom carries your own creativity and seal of approval. Suits higher end work.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi everyone, looking forward to being a regular here.

I’m starting up a building business and we have all the licensing and other requirements down but I need to choose a business name.

My question is, if you were to have to spend 50k on a bathroom/ensuite renovation which name would you go with?

Lux Bathrooms & Ensuites
    or
    Grandeur Bathrooms

Sorry but I don’t choose someone to throw $50K at based on the business name, it’s quality and professionalism, and a business name doesnt project either.

I would rather go with a quality company called ”the worst bathroom reno company”’ then some fancy name with bad quality.

Work on getting referals and forget about trying to get a possibly deceptive name. Not saying you are, but I remember a fish and chip shop called the best fish and chips an australia, they weren’t. Its whats behind the name.

HAPPY DECAY
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

If I was to choose between those two company names then I would be looking for other signals that would make me consider one over the other. They are similar and Dave makes some good points from above.

By that I mean I would look at their website. I would ring and talk over the phone, etc.

Normally a name will mean more once I have had an interaction with the company.

Street Artist, Muralist & Illustrator Community Focused & Meaningful Placemaking www.HappyDecay.com.au
    Eugenia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I like the first one

Flowers Whisperer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Thanks for sharing a useful information. Same Day Flower Delivery Heidelberg West

Cec Busby
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

If I had to choose then I would go with Lux, but Dave and co. make great points. Some further things to consider include:
    how your business differs from competitors
    what image you want to communicate to your customers
    if any businesses already uses the name or have a similar business name
    if someone has trademarked the name
    if the name is already registered as a domain name
    Also: is it easy to remember?
    easy to pronounce and spell?
    short and simple
    descriptive – so it means something to your customers
    different from your competitors
    You can check if your business name is available here:
    https://help.register.business.gov.au/

Good luck with it.

Cec Busby Editor Flying Solo
    Matthew Giannelis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

In respect to choosing the best business name I can offer you this one peice of very valauble advise.

If you intend on advertising your business or brand online and you want to be found organically in the search engines one of the biggest Google ranking factors of them all is the keywords used in your domain name.

Eg. What not to do.

If you have a lawnmowing business and you register your domain name as eg http://www.jakes-services.com you can basically kiss high Googlew rankings Goodbye. Your never going to compete unless you have a 100k per year digital marketing budget.

You will at the least need to find a way to include a keywords in your domain name in respect to mowing lawns to have a fighting chance to be found organically in the search engines if your not going to use sometime like PPC (GoogleAdwords)

Eg

Jakeslawns
    Jakelawnmowing

ect etc

Keep in mind. The shorter you keep your domain name the better!

So when coming up with a business name. If you intend on also having a website work the name into it where possible.

Hope that helps a bit

timgundry
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Both are great names but having an ‘&’ in your business name can cause some issues on social media as you are unable to include symbols or other punctuation marks as a part of your username.

Getseowebsite
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I like “Lux Bathrooms & Ensuites” this name.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.