Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business name feedback???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    albatrizzle
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

Im starting up a small alcohol delivery business. Most of my customers are 20-30 year olds at parties late at night. I’m currently trading under The Blind Pig ( its another name for a speakeasy which is suitable because my service has the image of being a bit edgy and underground ). I’ve only been trading for 1 month and maybe 20 customers know of my name but i wouldn’t think it would be considered too late to change?

Anyway another variation i have is Dr.Unk which looks good on paper but perhaps doesn’t work when said out loud.. Perhaps I can spread around that the name should be pronounced Dr Drunk which would easier to understand initially. :) Look forward to everyone’s feedback !

Thanks in advanced,

Gene

mysafetyrep
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hey Gene,
    My preference is ‘the blind pig’…i like it. Best of luck with the business

nikko127
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Yes My preference is the blind pig, as I think anything relating to drunk is a bit tacky, and in will probably only hurt long term in regards to licencing.
    Speaking of licencing, I have been in the hospitallity industry for a long time and would be interested in how you managed the licencing department with what is basically a bottle shop on wheels. Nice idea, possibly frought with danger, but good on you!

Dane Pymble
    • Total posts: 227
    Up

Hi Albatrizzle

Of the two names you mention The Blind Pig stands out for me.

Also a mate of mine does freelance logo/branding work if you wanted a cost effective professional to give you some advice.

He is doing some work for me at the moment (hence all the TBA’s in my profile!!). He works with you to get an understanding of your business’ concept, then goes away and comes up with some suggested names from which a logo/brand & mission statement are created.

He usually charges about $500 for this.

Of course this all depends on how sophisticated you want things in relation to branding.

I am more than happy to put you in touch with him if this would be of interest.

Kind regards

Dane Pymble

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Promoting alcohol for self satisfaction

chook
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Blind Pig is easier to remember and its funny. Probably even more important when your customers are probably not at their peak in their thinking!

Canex Graphic Designs
    • Total posts: 222
    Up

Hey,

The Blind Pig is great! I really like it and in terms of the designs etc for your business, you would have a lot of options – I can already think of many ways you could go about creating the logo! You could get something really funky that your target market would remember and recognise really easily (PM me if you would like more advice/help regarding the design side of things and how the business name/theme would work in design terms).

Good luck!

Cheers,
    Nelson

ilic2
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

cool idea for a business, something i never would have thought of! So basically you do bottle-o runs for people who are too drunk to go out and get more booze?

Are there any legal issues you need to be aware of? ie, if you sell booze to people who are already intoxicated and then they have an accident, are you liable in any way?

Anyway, Blind Pig is a great name i’d stick with it.

albatrizzle
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

thanks everyone, seems the general consensus is to stay with it. The only thing i was worried about was the possible negative associations Blind Pig might. I wouldn’t want to be subtly implying my customers are ‘blind drunk pigs’ for ordering more alcohol.. But i think im over thinking it and Chook is probably right in that they arent at their peak thinking :)

Kathy Creaner
    • Total posts: 152
    Up

I’m adding my vote for “The Blind Pig”. It’s funny and catchy. You should be able to have some fun with the logo too. Hope it all goes well.

HammockFG
    • Total posts: 136
    Up

Another vote for blind pig from me too. I reckon your idea would get a lot of word of mouth referrals and I think blind pig is definitely better to say than Dr Unk.

Mégan

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up
    nikko127, post: 75546 wrote:
    Yes My preference is the blind pig, as I think anything relating to drunk is a bit tacky, and in will probably only hurt long term in regards to licencing.
    Speaking of licencing, I have been in the hospitallity industry for a long time and would be interested in how you managed the licencing department with what is basically a bottle shop on wheels. Nice idea, possibly frought with danger, but good on you!

Hello,

I too am interested in how you are managing this issue.

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Another vote for the blind pig – its cool and rememorable (and I’m in your demographic).

As others have said, how have you dealt with the legal issue?

I remember I would pick up a 6 pack for the occasional customer when I delivered pizza – but I know it was against company policy.

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up

Add another vote for the blind pig … love the idea of this service!

I remember we used to play a drinking game with pigs … throwing little plastic pigs in the air and getting points depending on how they land. You could maybe look into some branded pig drinking games that you can include with larger orders. :)

Gail

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

I also agree – Blind Pig sounds good and if I was you I’d be rushing to register it as a business name AND the domain. It appears to be free.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.