Home – New Forums Other discussions Business name help?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Staceywells
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

New to business and wanting some advice on business name. I’m looking at starting an online retail store to sell my wall storage and hooks / knobs for mainly children rooms or play rooms.

Should I keep the name specific to the products I am creating and audience or does it not really matter if I name the business after a name I like but to the audience it doesn’t give any hint to what I am creating?

Any thoughts or name ideas would be wonderful.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

You could go either way depending on what your long term vision is…

You wouldn’t want to call it “knobs r us” for example if you ended up branching into a whole bunch of other stuff that isn’t relevant to that.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

A name you like may be easier if you plan to modify your product range down the track. Chances are you will change things so you don’t want to be stuck with a name that suits your old product range.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Staceywells,

Sounds like an exciting time for you! I hope that hanging out with us here helps you not just determine your new business name, but also pick up plenty of other handy info.

Good luck with it all, and welcome to Flying Solo,
    Jayne

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

How about “www.hookedonstorage.com.au”… this covers your product range and should match up with any key words searches for wall storage and hooks / knobs

The Rogue Counsellor
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 188656 wrote:
    How about “www.hookedonstorage.com.au”… this covers your product range and should match up with any key words searches for wall storage and hooks / knobs

That is really clever Tony!!!

It’s also broad enough to go outside of the “mainly children’s rooms of playrooms” Staceywells mentions.

This is a great place for ideas, hope Staceywells takes you up on this suggestion.

Lee
    The Rogue Counsellor

bees
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

I like that suggestion! But also agree you need a name you can grow with and not feel limited by. Having the keywords in the URL is fine, but you can always optimise in other ways to be found in searches.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.