Home Forums Starting your journey Business name ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Sarahlove
    • Total posts: 2

Hey just want to see if anyone can help me. I’m stuck on creating a business name. My business idea is selling baby hampers I just need a suitable name. A lot of the names I’ve searched on the business name availability register have been taken… now I’m a bit stuck.
    What would be a good name for a baby hamper business? I don’t really want the word hamper in the name. Tia

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

baby business

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,117

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo

A Box of Babylove

plgs
    • Total posts: 26

Hi Sarah,
    No creative suggestions, sorry, but don’t forget to check the trade mark register at https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/quick as well as checking registered company and business names (name availability search at https://asic.gov.au/). And check the internet domain (or something close to it that you like) is available too, at somewhere like https://au.godaddy.com/whois.
    Hope that helps,
    Patrick

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

[USER=8505]@plgs[/USER] Go on Patrick throw a name out there :)

Dave

NicH
    • Total posts: 1

Whilst you may not want to use the word hamper, your business name has to be easy for your customers and potential customers to find you and be associated with what you do and also remember you. I have just gone thru naming my business and I didn’t want to use the word box or use green in my logo but I deliver fruit and veg boxes and that’s what my customers want as it’s easy to remember and green is associated with veggies, healthy and fresh. I wanted some more interesting but went with The Market Box and green in my logo. I think the trick is to get a good designer to design your logo so you fall in love with that and then liking your name is easy. Don’t forget your logo will need to reflect your brand.

undicloth
    Sarahlove, post: 271205, member: 119408 wrote:
    Hey just want to see if anyone can help me. I’m stuck on creating a business name. My business idea is selling baby hampers I just need a suitable name. A lot of the names I’ve searched on the business name availability register have been taken… now I’m a bit stuck.
    What would be a good name for a baby hamper business? I don’t really want the word hamper in the name. Tia
    what about stork deliveries
    Biz Keeping
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9

Bundles of joy

DesirableCreations

Brain storming relatable words helps. Things like baby, basket/s,Box/s. Using your own name could also be helpful for example. Sarah’s baby Boxes.

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253

Baby hampers is a very broad category – you may want to narrow it down to a niche. Then name it after that niche to attract customers from that niche.

SharonTong

Welcome to the New World (WnW for short)

lifeboat1
    • Total posts: 2

Capable marketers will suggest a worthwhile domain name, but I suggest you particularly consider a newer Top Level Domain (TLD) that is more imaginative and more readily available than the old .com/.com.au domains. You can find a searchable list here: https://officefocus.domains/all-top-level-domains/

charlenew
    • Total posts: 13

Hi Sarah

I have 2 name ideas, both have not been registered as domain names. If you would like to private message me as I dont want someone to steal them. PS. I am not scamming

Beck1

Cabbage Patchwork

susan.woods

HI Sarah,
    firstly congratulations on your new or budding business. Let me know if you ever want to wholesale some of your baby products ( for my eco friendly baby store!) There is a company called “Frozen Lemons” that help to create company names you might want to look through their website at frozenlemons.com. Why not look through some favourite nursery rhymes or you could even name the business after a favourite baby name?

All the best and I’d love to know how you go.
    Sue
    Eco Baby Boutique ( also a new business)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.