• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nalina
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

hi folks
    im a single mum of one. i have a property in emerald qld and thinking of starting a backpacking accomodation business there. i have never been in business before. prior to having my daughter i backpacked around australia doing cleaning, farming, waitress jobs which were short term. i appreciate opinion and advises of others regarding their thoughts on whether there is a market niche for this business in emerald and how i should go about setting one up if there is a niche there. thanks to everyone who gave me their time to help me answer this question. i hope this year is prosperous and fulfilling for everyone

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up
    ::

Hi Nalina,

Welcome to the forums – I’m sure you’ll get lots of good advice on this issue.

I guess the first thing I would suggest is that you talk to other people who are running backpackers accommodation – my gut feel is that there is a lot of work involved. You might find that, as a single mum, you don’t have the time and energy available to run the business – also, without a business background, you might find it more difficult as well.

Anyway, you’ve done the right thing by asking the question – hopefully others with experience in the area can give you specific advice – but don’t let my concerns put you off, keep on investigating the options!

Kathy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.