Home Forums Tell me straight… Business Plans – Workshops

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Evertrue
    • Total posts: 10

Be as brutal as you feel will help me… I can take it.
    I’m offering an online business plan workshop, coupled with 1-on-1 coaching (I’ve been trained by Benjamin Harvey as a Results Coach), aimed at helping micro and small businesses to get a proper business plan done – and maintain it as a living document to run a proper business.
    I have decades of experience in small business, and now the coaching adds huge value to my services. I have a 93% client retention rate, and very well supported by those who know me. But I’ve struggled to break into the online market where people don’t know me yet.
    Initial responses were very positive. Great reaction to the workshops from colleagues in the same line of work – advisers, trainers, coaches, and accountants.
    Luke-warmish response to a free tutorial on how to do a 12 month projection.
    Zero sign ups, zero feedback.
    What am I missing?

Here is the facebook ad I ran (now also on YouTube), and the link to the tutorial

[MEDIA=youtube]QiShp2nZRp4[/MEDIA]
    https://evertrue.thinkific.com/courses/create-your-12-month-financial-projection

Thank you in advance for your time and comments,
    Bronwyn Lawson

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

First problem I can see is to get your free financial 12 month financial projection, with no strings attached as you say, I need to sign up, give you my email address, a password, my name. Thats not free, that is strings attached.

you need to start on a good basis.

PS. you facebook ad is very un inspiring as well, nothing says I need to use it accept maybe your claim of retention rate, but otherwise I’m not excited by it.

bb1
    Participant

PS. I just looked at your website, also uninspiring, and very little trust when looking at it, I would think of a new web designer.

Sorry you asked for brutal

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

Hi Bronwyn,

You’re offering a 12 month financial projection, but I never lay awake at night wishing for one of those. So what do your clients get from it that they’ve been wishing for? Or what does it fix that’s been stressing them out? Try to sell the results, not the tool.

Also, who is if for more specifically? What kind of businesses fall into the trap you’re fixing? Or what stage of the business do people need it most? If you can name my exact situation, that’s what will make me sit forward in my seat and see what you have to offer. Look to your past clients and successes for the answers.

Good luck!
    Dave

Evertrue
    • Total posts: 10
    bb1, post: 268378, member: 53375 wrote:
    PS. I just looked at your website, also uninspiring, and very little trust when looking at it, I would think of a new web designer.

Sorry you asked for brutal
    Hi Bert, yes, I did, and thank you. I’m not happy with the website but I’m hog-tied on a couple of things with that. Trying to make do until I can fix it. But I need to fix it.

bb1
    Participant
    Evertrue, post: 268380, member: 67976 wrote:
    Hi Bert, yes, I did, and thank you. I’m not happy with the website but I’m hog-tied on a couple of things with that. Trying to make do until I can fix it. But I need to fix it.

That is your advertisement, people look at that and say why would I use this business. No point making do every person that looks at your FB ad and your website will not look again when/if you fix them. Stop wasting money on ad’s till you fix it and your video.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Evertrue, post: 268374, member: 67976 wrote:
    Be as brutal as you feel will help me… I can take it.
    I’m offering an online business plan workshop, coupled with 1-on-1 coaching (I’ve been trained by Benjamin Harvey as a Results Coach), aimed at helping micro and small businesses to get a proper business plan done – and maintain it as a living document to run a proper business.
    I have decades of experience in small business, and now the coaching adds huge value to my services. I have a 93% client retention rate, and very well supported by those who know me. But I’ve struggled to break into the online market where people don’t know me yet.
    Initial responses were very positive. Great reaction to the workshops from colleagues in the same line of work – advisers, trainers, coaches, and accountants.
    Luke-warmish response to a free tutorial on how to do a 12 month projection.
    Zero sign ups, zero feedback.
    What am I missing?

Here is the facebook ad I ran (now also on YouTube), and the link to the tutorial

[MEDIA=youtube]QiShp2nZRp4[/MEDIA]
    https://evertrue.thinkific.com/courses/create-your-12-month-financial-projection

Thank you in advance for your time and comments,
    Bronwyn Lawson

Hi Bronwyn,

Some things that stood out for me;

You have some solid references from clients re your bookkeeping ability, but you don’t leverage off that, pitching your coaching…if I was looking I think that ability would be a bonus worth mentioning.

Your website is not ready to go live, it’s all over the shop and more likely to deter any interest than close a client.

To be blunt, it’s very dated in it’s layout approach…I haven’t seen a “hit” counter on a website for about 15 years and heavy borders around boxes of with text align center doesn’t inspire imo, sidebars are dead.

I did look at your source code and I see you’re using Joomla, no problem with that but I also notice you’re loading the Bootstrap frontend framework. The reason I mention that is they have quite a few modern, responsive layouts and themes ready to go and simple to implement.

You have too many different fonts happening, it makes your content appear scattered. Your site is also taking a performance hit loading Google fonts that are really not needed…Bootstrap will use web safe fonts (no need to load anything) that work perfectly on whatever device your visitor is using and matched to their operating system. They also have widgets for dealing with embedded media like videos.

You’re also using a couple off insecure versions of JQuery and your not using SSl…Google is not happy about that (I ran your URL through their “Lighthouse” test).

I reckon that’s enough for now. BTW, good luck with your venture.

Edit:

Somewhere a couple of layers deep in the “technical” section of the forum is a very long and detailed post “Why do all websites look the same”, many of the contributors are professional web designers and it gives a very good insight into why certain layouts “just work” and why Bootstrap is a very useful tool.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.