Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Business print magazine with large readership?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Beany
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a print magazine with a large readershop that is targeted at small businesses across Australia?

I was thinking of trying out some print advertising to gather some leads, anyone had any success with this?

My motivation is, that online advertising for my industry is saturated so I’m trying to find some practical alternatives.

Thanks.

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

I think you would probably try and niche it a bit more, eg what type of small business, industry, size etc? There are some good niche publications out there depending on the industry. (also then leads into other niche marketing activities, eg direct mail, telemarketing, presenting at or attending industry events)

In my opinion glossy print advertising rarely pays of as too costly in most cases but i have seen it work in the minority of cases. (sorry glossy print magazine people)

iCatching Media
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    SmallBusinessWorks, post: 189113 wrote:
    In my opinion glossy print advertising rarely pays of as too costly in most cases but i have seen it work in the minority of cases. (sorry glossy print magazine people)

The minority of the cases that it does work for have a well thought out advertisement… usually have test and measured multiple advertisements (before committing to a large publication) and know there break even point (know exactly how much to pay for an ad).

These advertisements also usually have –

A Great heading to create interest and get there target market interested.

Compelling copy to make the reader become emotionally connected to the problem at hand and the solution being presented.

A decent offer

A strong call to action

A guarantee that no interested person can or will resist taking advantage off.

Those that complain print (or any marketing that they try) doesn’t work usually have no set structure in the Ad and never tested if it can in fact generate customers…

A classic case is seeing business names as the heading (Prime real estate on an ad), no reason to call and I’ve even seen ads that I don’t have a clue what they are going on about or what they want me to do. Maybe that’s called branding?

Advertising is simply about getting the message right and maximising results!

Beany, What industry are you in?

For B2B publications with large readerships… there aren’t many cheap ones available… depends on your business.

There are also other forms of media that you could use besides a publication that might be more cost effective.

Simon.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Beany, print media is good for branding but not for direct response marketing. Meaning don’t expect to get any immediate response if that is what you are looking for.

Yes a well crafted article can achieve results, but for the money you spend you would be best do some direct marketing.

Identify your ideal customer and target them directly with an offer. You may take the money you would spend with your media advertising and offer a free service. This way they get to try your service and it may lead to other things.

Chris H
    • Total posts: 111
    Up

There aren’t too many magazines that aren’t heading quickly towards the gurgler.
    Previously I would have suggested BRW, but they are no more.

I have done advertising in very specific niche magazines that target single industries. That was 3 years ago and I got a full page towards the back of the magazine for $800, it was an excellent return on the products we were marketing at the time. There are a whole host of magazines targeting different niches, so it might be an idea to target specific industries.

PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up

I was going to say Nett magazine. I think they’re just online now, but their readership could be in tune with your market. Tim Reid has a few good pointers on this topic:
    http://nett.com.au/blog/just-enough/

I think you might have to narrow down on what itching problems your creative solutions can scratch. You want to get your prospect highly motivated to take up your services, not just curious. Rather than 7 ‘we’s – have 7 you’s on your home page.

happyez
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

why not try trade magazines? google your industry and then its magazine…. Margaret Gee’s might also be an option to see what is out there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.