Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Business referral anyone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up
    ::

Has anyone ever suggested starting a business referral group on FS? If so, how did it go?

Would anyone be interested in exploring ideas aimed at setting something up that benefited participants regardless of whether they are being referred, or the ones doing the referring?

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
    Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Calul8or,
    Good to see you back involved :) Hope you had a good weekend.
    This type of idea has come up in the past, but nothing formal. Over the years we’ve seen the forums, meetups, directory and wider community generally perform effectively as a referral and networking platform – we know that connections are made everyday and soloists collaborate and share work on many projects.
    We often find that these organic relationships can work most effectively in the long-term as opposed to formal referral programs, but of course we’re always interested in discussion of ways to help members.
    Cheers,
    Peter

Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up

Hi Peter,

It’s great to be back, and the weekend was very good, thank you! Hope yours was too.

Many thanks for your reply to my question, and it’s good to know that this is an are that members are free to explore, given the various discussions I’ve seen about groups such as BNI etc. I was curious to know why there hadn’t been any attempts to set up something similar between members, and will try and see if there is any merit in pursuing an idea like that further, based on responses to this and other discussions, I guess. :-)

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.