Home Forums Starting your journey Business structure for importing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TMGPS
    • Total posts: 7

Hi there,
    I will be importing my products custom made from Pakistan (as no one in Australia makes them). Is there a certain business structure that is best suited to that style of business?
    I was going to go with sole trader but don’t quite understand if there are any implications importing as a sole trader.

to add to that, if I do set up as a sole trader and it doesn’t appear right for me, can I change?

TMGPS

Have just found that I can change my structure if needed which is good. Just need to get the above question answered

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,141

In my experience, seeing an Accountant that can provide advice that is custom to your set of circumstances is the best way to proceed and can avoid very ugly future consequences of choosing incorrectly.

TMGPS

Thanks [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER]. I appreciate your feedback. Any idea if there is a way to set up as a sole trader without my name being on the abn lookup?

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,141
    TMGPS, post: 270200, member: 118104 wrote:
    Thanks [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER]. Any idea if there is a way to set up as a sole trader without my name being on the abn lookup?

Not my field at all I am sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.