• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Emilizo
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

hi there,

I’d love some advice. I’m looking at buying a domain for a business that I’m creating and would love to know who is best to buy through. Im after a .com address without paying a fortune

Cheers

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

After trying a few in the past I only buy through Godaddy now. They are easy to use and provide friendly and immediate service if you have a problem.

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

That is odd to hear. always seen godaddy as the kind of load you up on extra fees/services and then sell your info to marketing lists.

normally find cheaper prices through the smaller companies like namecheap used to be good though googledomains are getting pretty good at low cost price

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Yeah, I go on service and value, not price, for most things.

Ozdemon
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

I have tried several and IMHO by far the best is panthur.com.au – it is Australain based and I have found the service and uptime second to none. They will include a private address for your domain at no extra charge.

Emilizo
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Thanks for the feed back. Customer service is important. I’ve heard bad things about godaddy. I’ve check out some of the mentioned but they don’t seem to be on the asic Australian certified. Would love some more help, cheers

joetan83
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Actually, I wouldn’t say all ISP services in Australia are top notch.

I know cause I have some bad experiences with them.

Ahem ahem, mutters about NetRegistry and MelbourneIT. You can even look at their reviews in Google search.

Basically, any domain ISP services all over the world can get your domain registered by a domain registrar however you do require technical knowledge to transfer domains to an ISP host.

One of my websites is one example under Amazon.

David Z
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

If you’re after just a domain name then it doesn’t really doesn’t matter who you go with. When you hear complaints it is usually on customer service and hosting uptime or speed.

What’s more important is hosting. Ideally, you’d want one who can offer good, fast customer service and maximum uptime. From our experience hosting in Australia is superior than overseas – you get what you pay for. Can’t go wrong with Panthur, Digital Pacific, or VentraIP. Just need to choose the right plan that suits you.

If you want to simplify things further, buy your domain name and hosting from the same provider.

lateralandlogical
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

+1 for Godaddy. I’ve been with them for 15 years and they are reliable and have lots of options. Yes you may pay for services but no one every finds a vendor that is 100% to everyone. They are the big fish in the domain pond because they offer so much else. If it’s just a domain name there is little difference.

What do you want to with the website – because they will determine the best type of service you need.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.