Home – New Forums Starting your journey Buying and reselling – new business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shazza02
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am interested in starting up my on business selling motivational stationery, diaries, picture frames etc.

What I was wondering is, if i buy photo frames from say the Reject Shop, Thingz etc am I allowed to resell them with my pictures/quotes inside the frame?

Thanks!

Shaz

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

That would be no different to me going to the local hardware store or plant nursery, and buying products which I than use for a job at a clients house. I am effectively reselling (yes I put a margin on top).

Not a legal expert but i cant see any issues with it. If there was a lot of small business’s would be in trouble

Shazza02
    Up
    bb1, post: 206910 wrote:
    That would be no different to me going to the local hardware store or plant nursery, and buying products which I than use for a job at a clients house. I am effectively reselling (yes I put a margin on top).

Not a legal expert but i cant see any issues with it. If there was a lot of small business’s would be in trouble

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines just was not too sure.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Something to remember with this type of business is why will people buy from you as opposed to going and doing it themselves.

If you have a lower quality product then you run the risk of this exact thought.

Any business needs to set itself apart to create a tribe of interested followers so be cautious – If you are planning to buy cheap frames and then print on your cheap printer, the results may also be quite cheap.

Inspirational quotes done with beautiful typography and framed beautifully will have much more appeal for people wanting that item to hang in their home or office. Create a business that others look up to and want to buy from because they will not or could not easily create something so lovely.

Shazza02
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 206926 wrote:
    Something to remember with this type of business is why will people buy from you as opposed to going and doing it themselves.

If you have a lower quality product then you run the risk of this exact thought.

Any business needs to set itself apart to create a tribe of interested followers so be cautious – If you are planning to buy cheap frames and then print on your cheap printer, the results may also be quite cheap.

Inspirational quotes done with beautiful typography and framed beautifully will have much more appeal for people wanting that item to hang in their home or office. Create a business that others look up to and want to buy from because they will not or could not easily create something so lovely.

Thanks for your advice. I have access to a high quality printer and have already created works of a high quality basis with following. My products like frames I haven’t started sourcing yet but I was just using stores like them as an example as it’s easier to refer to something when asking for help.

I’m quite confident given my design capabilities and so forth and it’s more of a hobby adventure to start with.

Appreciate the advice though!

3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Sounds like fun Shaz…!

However, when naming your business consider using the correct spelling of “Station(e)ry”… may save costs down the road ;-)

Shazza02
    Up
    3ntr3pr3n3ur, post: 207293 wrote:
    Sounds like fun Shaz…!

However, when naming your business consider using the correct spelling of “Station(e)ry”… may save costs down the road ;-)

haha thanks – I did not read it before I posted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.