Home – New Forums Other discussions Buying Better

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dibs
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi My Cafe has been up and running for two years now, been through business partnership diaster, flood and feast, I am still struggling with trying to buy better, it is the hump to my business not making better profit. because I am small my buying power is low, I shop around, travel miles , negotiate with suppliers (who really are not wholesalers just middle men). I know there must be another way but I can not see. Is there another way or is there a company that is really wholesale.
    I believe 28% is what my cost of sales should be and my are much higher. I have redone the menu to make it more flexible with stock and deleted slow moving, high cost items.

I would appreciate any information or advice
    Dibs

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Dibs,

It sounds as if you’re going to loads of effort to make the cafe work.

I wonder if you’ve read this thread posted by Jayne? Towards the bottom there are a few links to threads that relate specifically to cafe management.

I’m sure that if you do a search within the forum on the topic of cafes, dozens of threads will come up… it’ll require some sifting through but if you put some time aside you’re sure to glean some useful info.

All the very best,

Sam

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Sorry to hear of your struggles :(

As Sam has mentioned above – you would be much better chatting to someone/reading through articles of people who have owned cafe’s and restaurants with similar struggles.

Don’t give up, it’s all about finding the right formula.

Best of luck in the future!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.