Home Forums New here? Share your story Buying groups for eco-friendly packaging

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JoyfulJessica
    • Total posts: 5

Hi all!

My real passion is sourcing eco/socially responsible products for a comparative price to what my small business clients are already buying. Products such as natural commercial cleaning products, eco-friendly food and messenger packaging, considered products for resale and more.

My question to the forum is –

1. Have you considered switching to eco-friendly products within your business?
    2. If yes, what’s your motivation?
    3. If yes, and you haven’t acted yet, what’s your blocker?

If your target audience fits within the millennial audience (24-39), you’ll know they pays attention to the environment and social obligations more than any other.

If there’s interest, I can share case studies from the hospitality and fitness space.

Thank you for helping me to understand interest and concerns.

Best wishes everyone.
    Jessica

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,158

1. no
    2. answered no to question 1, therefore no reply needed
    3. answered no to question 1, therefore no reply needed

Curious, what are you trying to gain from these questions and how will you utilise the knowledge you gain? Or are you wanting to share your case studies? also curious, why do you have case studies of those spaces, are you a student?

Cheers

JoyfulJessica
    • Total posts: 5
    LucasArthur, post: 268675, member: 34537 wrote:
    1. no
    2. answered no to question 1, therefore no reply needed
    3. answered no to question 1, therefore no reply needed

Curious, what are you trying to gain from these questions and how will you utilise the knowledge you gain? Or are you wanting to share your case studies? also curious, why do you have case studies of those spaces, are you a student?

Cheers

Hi Lucas,

I operate a business that consolidates the orders from small businesses to achieve buying power. Curating the catalog of products for my clients to select from, I provide eco-friendly options to commercial cleaning products and packing supplies.

The questions are helping me to understand the addressable market for my business (how many business owners are seeking to make the switch from chemical products and harmful packaging to considered products).

When I mention case studies, I’m referring to businesses that have made the change to eco-friendly/considered products and how it’s benefited them socially and financially.

Thanks for asking for clarity.

Best wishes,
    Jessica

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,121

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo Jessica.

I run a commercial cleaning business and have found that there is basically no demand for green products in the business to business market.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

My answer to 1 is yes, but there really isn’t anything in my space available, there are some sprays starting to hit the market, but they haven’t proven themselves in any real way.

On the cleaning front I have a friend who runs a cleaning business, and she says a lot of clients ask for eco friendly products, and even offer to purchase, but they end up finding the cost and quality of the product are at opposite ends of the scale and end up agreeing to go back to the real stuff. So there is a call for it in consumer land, just nothing that stacks up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.