• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    newby1
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys
    To entice prospective customers into our new cafe, my thought was to give out complimentary coffee coupons (dine in only to hopefully read the new menu and to introduce ourselves as the new owners) outside the local supermarket which is very close to where the cafe is. Has anyone done this previously and if so what kind of response did you receive or even just your thoughts on this would be helpful

thanks

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello

From personal experience from my cafe owner clients, this process really just attracts the “free loaders”, you may be better off handing out Loyalty Cards that offer discounts on different dates, e.g On quite trading day receive 2 meal 30% off or similar, or why not see if the area you are in will allow you to have a min appreciation fete, handout flyers a week before, offer for example something you sell eg a bag of Fresh Roasted Coffee (eg 150g) with every sit down meal. What I would recommend is to approach a local Coffee Roaster to make up some bags with your cafe logo and special blend. You would be surprised how cheap this is. We recently did this for our Xmas happers it was Organic & Fair Trade.
    Happy to pass the details, they operate in NSW & Qld but sure they would be able to ship Aust Wide.

Best of luck with it, would love to hear how you go, keep us posted

Anna

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

A client of mine who is was a startup actually did something like this recently.

He had great success with it, but I think the crucial part is that your coffee needs to be great (which I’m sure yours is) That way, the people will actually return.

It doesn’t cost much to make a coffee … So theres really not a huge loss.

So his tactic has been to give away x amount of coffees per week. He’s surrounded by quite a few office blocks, so each week he will go around to a new business, take 10 or so of the cards, introduce himself and give the cards out.

Tactic has worked incredibly well for him =)

accstat
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi Newby,
    I agree 100% with Anna. Go with loyalty cards as an alternative to free coffee, better ROI by a mile.
    Best regards,
    James

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.