Home – New Forums Starting your journey Cakes & Cake Designs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up
    ::

I have a friend overseas who makes the most amazing cake designes. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way her designs and recipes can be distributed here. She is not a business, just an individual.

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

She could start a WordPress website and sell the designs online? I’m not sure how big the market would be, but she could use the Google Keyword Research Tool to find out.

Brentis

Canex Graphic Designs
    • Total posts: 222
    Up

When you say “distributed” do you mean to sell or just to provide ‘for free’? I think Brentis is right in saying that your friend should get a WordPress site to provide/sell the designs on as WordPress is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it so they could update the site with new designs whenever they want :)

Also, where are they from?

Nelson

Beautician
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

You mean to sell or share? Not sure what you’re getting at with this request. All she can do as an individual and non resident is set up a blog and write/post pictures about them. It’s what the rest of the cake decorating community in Australia does. (It’s a fairly saturated market and quite an active community too).

Blogger is another platform she could use.

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up

What I mean is import/ distribute her designs here in AU. As a foreigner as far as I know she cannot open a business here (unless she has $250K to sink into it), but there might be a way to sell her designs to various bakeries that specialize in cakes.

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up

Oh, sorry forgot to mention – she does have a blog where she showcases her designs. The problem is that people keep stealing them and pass them as their own.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    AdvancedPetSitting, post: 85447 wrote:
    Oh, sorry forgot to mention – she does have a blog where she showcases her designs. The problem is that people keep stealing them and pass them as their own.

Can’t she watermark them?

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 85448 wrote:
    Can’t she watermark them?

A lot of these people are from where she lives and her designs get stolen and then sold in those people’s cake shops.

eCoverBox
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Here is another option:

1. Set up a website
    2. Show a few samples of her designs on her web (maybe 10)
    3. Sell the rest of the designs as an ebook. She can even use Clickbank for affiliates who want to promote her book and earn commission!

Another good thing is to set up an opt-in where she gives away a few other designs for free to those who sign up…Depends how many designs she’s created so far.

All this is easy to set up. Lots of my clients do this sort of thing..Typical internet marketing approach.

Why not give it a go. This option would not cost her much at all….

Sam

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up
    eCoverBox, post: 85467 wrote:
    Here is another option:

1. Set up a website
    2. Show a few samples of her designs on her web (maybe 10)
    3. Sell the rest of the designs as an ebook. She can even use Clickbank for affiliates who want to promote her book and earn commission!

Another good thing is to set up an opt-in where she gives away a few other designs for free to those who sign up…Depends how many designs she’s created so far.

All this is easy to set up. Lots of my clients do this sort of thing..Typical internet marketing approach.

Why not give it a go. This option would not cost her much at all….

Sam

Hey, that’s a good idea. I am going to email her right now and tell her. It’s always good to throw an idea and see who comes up with what :)

Thanks a lot :)

eCoverBox
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    AdvancedPetSitting, post: 85470 wrote:
    Hey, that’s a good idea. I am going to email her right now and tell her. It’s always good to throw an idea and see who comes up with what :)

Thanks a lot :)

Hi Monika

You’re welcome.Hope it works out for her.

If your friend needs help with setting this whole thing up,feel free to contact me.

Cheers
    Sam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.