Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Call for Female Contributors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ShaniW
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I checked with Jayne yesterday and she suggested this was the best place to put my request.

I’m in the process of starting a brand new eMagazine aimed at inspiring, motivating and supporting female business startups, creatives and those who have big dreams but aren’t quite sure where to start. It will only be in pdf format initially, but if successful, I’ll be looking to branch into other formats as well.

I’m looking for women who would like to contribute their own startup story, talk about the kinds of things they’re either still struggling with or have overcome and/or how they run their business and manage everything else that’s going on in their lives.

If you’re an artist wanting to get your stuff out into the world, then I’m looking for material suitable to go on the cover and to make the eMag more beautiful and if you’re still in the dreaming phase, it would be great to hear of your aspirations, along with any questions you have.

I’m happy to evaluate anything that you think might be suitable. It’s not a paid gig but it will get you some great exposure. I’ll also include your bio and a headshot. If you’d like a copy of the submission guidelines please email me. The deadline for the first issue is 15th April 2014.

I’ll also be offering advertising, starting from $10 for a quarter page up to $30 for a full page. Again, if you’re interested I’d love to hear from you! (The advertising applies to ads from either gender but please keep in mind who will be reading it)

Thanks for reading and hope to interest some of you,

Shân

Sonja Meyer
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ShaniW, post: 187511 wrote:
    Hi all,

I checked with Jayne yesterday and she suggested this was the best place to put my request.

I’m in the process of starting a brand new eMagazine aimed at inspiring, motivating and supporting female business startups, creatives and those who have big dreams but aren’t quite sure where to start. It will only be in pdf format initially, but if successful, I’ll be looking to branch into other formats as well.

I’m looking for women who would like to contribute their own startup story, talk about the kinds of things they’re either still struggling with or have overcome and/or how they run their business and manage everything else that’s going on in their lives.

If you’re an artist wanting to get your stuff out into the world, then I’m looking for material suitable to go on the cover and to make the eMag more beautiful and if you’re still in the dreaming phase, it would be great to hear of your aspirations, along with any questions you have.

I’m happy to evaluate anything that you think might be suitable. It’s not a paid gig but it will get you some great exposure. I’ll also include your bio and a headshot. If you’d like a copy of the submission guidelines please email me. The deadline for the first issue is 15th April 2014.

I’ll also be offering advertising, starting from $10 for a quarter page up to $30 for a full page. Again, if you’re interested I’d love to hear from you! (The advertising applies to ads from either gender but please keep in mind who will be reading it)

Thanks for reading and hope to interest some of you,

Shân

Hi Shan,

I might be interested in doing a piece on my business story. Out of interest, how are you looking to market & distribute the eMag? Do you mind giving us a quick run-down of your strategy? Do you have a network of subscribers already?

Cheers,
    Sonja

ShaniW
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    Sonja Meyer, post: 188748 wrote:
    Hi Shan,

I might be interested in doing a piece on my business story. Out of interest, how are you looking to market & distribute the eMag? Do you mind giving us a quick run-down of your strategy? Do you have a network of subscribers already?

Cheers,
    Sonja

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for asking. ‘Resonate‘ is being distributed via my online networks and business colleagues, my mailing list, my website and promoted across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Stumbleupon. I belong to a few paid online networks (apart from Flying Solo). A conservative estimate of exposure is 12,000 upwards. It’s a global audience and the first issue will be free to stimulate interest.

The deadline for the first issue has passed, but the submission guidelines give the deadlines for the remaining issues up to and including January 2015. The next deadline for submissions is June 15 for the July 15 publication. It’s issued once every two months and I plan to increase publication to monthly in 2015 if there’s enough call for it. Certainly there’s been a huge amount of interest in people contributing and the quality of articles is wonderful, so I’m hoping interest from readers will also reflect this.

I hope the info helps. I’d be delighted to answer any further questions you might have.

Thanks
    Shân

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.