• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Callainz
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Help With Small Business Ideas.

Hello All, after working in welfare for the past 25 years and at the age of 61 I want to start something new with my family and I am presently exploring all of my options.
    I have looked at buying a franchise but that looks fraught with many dangers after reading up on a few of the problems involved. I am presently looking at online trading but I realise we will be competing with thousands of others and that also appears to be a minefield and after looking at the issues and competition with online trading I have became somewhat disheartened. At my age I am not ready to be put out to pasture and after putting in a few job applications I know my age is against me even with 25 years experience I did’nt even get an interview plus I do not want to get back into welfare.
    I desperately want to try a small business of some kind and I am willing to put in some of my hard earned super to get started. I would love to get some feedback on possible options or from anyone who have found themselves in my position.
    Cheers

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

There are so many options available to you. The important thing is to choose a field/business you really love because you are going to have to put heart and soul into it to make it work, not to mention a huge number of hours. If you don’t love what you choose to do you will probably fail as your enthusiasm fades.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome aboard the forums! I love your attitude and hope you find something to get stuck into.

You might be able to start a service business without a big initial investment. You could read a book called “The $100 Startup” for inspiration, then start thinking about groups of people you’d love to help or work with and start offering your services to them.

So rather than “What business can I set up?”, think “Who can I help?” and just start doing it on a small scale.

Good luck!

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.