Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Calling all Sydney Creatives! Creative Sydney on this week.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    donnafrithdesign
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

This one is for the Flying Solo Creatives.

Creative Sydney is currently on at the moment (5th – 13th June 2010). In their own words:
    “Creative Sydney invites outstanding entrepreneurs, creative practitioners and community campaigners to work together to make Sydney a better place for creativity and commerce.

Creative Sydney is a series of free public events, from 5-13 June at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Circular Quay. A mix of discussions, presentations, performances and parties provide an opportunity to spark connections across the creative industries. Register here to attend one or more of our 20 free events.”

Check it out http://www.creativesydney.com.au/

Is anyone going to any of the talks this week? I plan on attending three panel discussions:

Creative for a cause – Monday 7th June 6.30pm, MCA
    Creative/Commercial – Wednesday 9th June 6.30pm, MCA
    Making it happen – Friday 11th June 6.30pm MCA

If anyone else is going and would like to meetup for a drink at the festival bar, or just to meetup to sit together, please post!

On another note, I belong to a Meetup group called Creative Professionals in Sydney – http://www.meetup.com/Creative-professionals-in-Sydney – check it out if you are looking for a Sydney based creative network. I have posted a similar post about Creative Sydney there as well.

I also posted this on the FS Graphic Design Group page but I’m not sure if members know when a new post is there? I never realise when someone has posted there.

I hope to see some of you there :)
    Thanks
    Donna

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks for sharing this Donna. The program sounds awesome – unfortunately I can’t attend, but I’d be interested in learning whether you find it worthwhile.

Have a fun time!
    Jayne

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Donna

I’m planning to go to the Panel dicussion on Saturday afternoon at the MCA (“Is Sydney falling behind?”), can’t make it to any during the week.
    I might catch the one on Friday evening, not sure yet, I’ve too much work going on at the moment.

I think I am a member of that meetup Group – have to check ;-)
    Thanks for reminding.

Cheers
    Astrid

donnafrithdesign
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Hi Astrid

The Saturday debate looks really good, I wish I could go but unfortunately I’m committed to helping my sister move that day!

A small group of us from the Creative Professionals Network is meeting at 6pm on the outside steps of the MCA on Friday, we’ll go for a quick drink in the festival bar before attending the panel discussion ‘Making it happen’. Afterwards those that are keen are going to a french bistro nearby, Baroque, for a drink/food.

It would be great to see you again, so if you can make it please come along :)

Good luck getting through all your work!

Thanks
    Donna

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Donna

I’m with a client all day on Friday, so I am not sure if I can make it on time. But if I’m coming, I’ll find you, now that I know how you look like ;-)

Cheers
    Astrid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.