Home – New Forums Tech talk Calling for contributions to new eBook about online tools/apps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MJS_Virtual
    • Total posts: 82
    Up
    ::

I’ve begun compiling my next eBook and have decided to open the doors and would love you all to contribute!

The theme is favourite online tools/apps that increase your productivity and generally make your life that little (or lot!) easier.

If you have an online tool or iPhone app that you just can’t live without, then I want to hear from you. All you need to do is go here and answer a few quick questions about your favourite online tool and why it’s so fantastic. It could be for anything – book-keeping, time tracking, managing your calendar, email or to-do-lists…the options are endless.

You’ll also have the opportunity to provide some details about your business – and we’ll include your business name, logo/photo and URL in the completed eBook. It’s a fantastic way to get some free publicity, and a link back to your website. And of course, all contributors will get a free copy.

Head on over and provide your feedback now – and feel free to share this opportunity with your friends :-)

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Is it just me that finds an eBook about online tools a bit strange?

Wouldn’t a directory, or nicely structured site, be a better option? I’m thinking of the frequency of SAAS updates and the new services that regularly crop up. I’m sure you could work out affiliate fees where appropriate.

Maybe that fact it seems weird to me means it’s perfect for a different demographic that I’m ignorant of… Hmmm…

Best of luck with it!

VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Does a training website qualify for this list?

Kind regards,

Training Guy
    http://www.VideoTraining.com.au
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Done :)

And yes Adrian, there is definitely another demographic who would get value from an ebook like this. You’d be surprised just how many people aren’t aware of the fabulous online tools available these days. :)

VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Excellent!

Be sure to let us know when it is ready for release so we can review and recommend it!

Kind regards,

Training Guy
    http://www.VideoTraining.com.au
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

what we regard as normal and take for granted is an absolute treasure chest for others.

MJS_Virtual
    Up
    adrian_gray, post: 120711 wrote:
    Is it just me that finds an eBook about online tools a bit strange?

Wouldn’t a directory, or nicely structured site, be a better option? I’m thinking of the frequency of SAAS updates and the new services that regularly crop up. I’m sure you could work out affiliate fees where appropriate.

Maybe that fact it seems weird to me means it’s perfect for a different demographic that I’m ignorant of… Hmmm…

Best of luck with it!

Adrian – I work as a virtual assistant with many small businesses and soloists all around Australia. You’d be amazed at how many of them have no clue about all of the online tools and tricks that we take for granted! They are the demographic that I am targeting with this and have actually had numerous requests for a listing of this sort. It’s not intended to include every online tool/app available, but a list of the most used and loved tools that fellow small businesses and soloists are using and find most effective.

MJS_Virtual
    Up

Thanks for the contributions guys – they’re flowing in and looking great!

I’d like to make this a fairly comprehensive eBook, so it is going to take a little time to get it all together. I’m aiming for end July/early August at this point and of course, once it’s finalised, I’ll let you all know where to download a copy :-)

In the meantime, keep sending through your contributions here: http://mjsvirtual.com.au/ebook-contributor/. Feel free to share this link around and if you’ve got more than one favourite tool you can always submit more than once.

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up
    MJS_Virtual, post: 121707 wrote:
    Adrian – I work as a virtual assistant with many small businesses and soloists all around Australia. You’d be amazed at how many of them have no clue about all of the online tools and tricks that we take for granted! They are the demographic that I am targeting with this and have actually had numerous requests for a listing of this sort.

Wow… thanks for the response. I’ve been online since ’95, and often take this stuff for granted. I forget how foreign it can be for non-geeks. I’m sure there’s a bazillion business opportunities I miss out on because I just assume people will behave in the same way I do. Thanks for the reminder nudge!

Best of luck with your ebook!

MJS_Virtual
    Up

Thanks for all your contributions everybody. I’ve had a flood of responses and the eBook is really starting to take shape.

I will be taking contributions for another couple of weeks, so if you haven’t had a chance to submit yours yet then please do! It will literally only take you a couple of minutes to jot down a few words about your favourite online tool/app and you’ll get the free publicity of having your business name, URL and photo/logo included in the end product.

Here’s where you can submit your info: http://mjsvirtual.com.au/ebook-contributor/

Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.