Home – New Forums Starting your journey can a principal place of business be a virtual office address?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nel
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

hello,

i have an abn with a business name, and i work as a soletrader. currently my principal place of business(registered address) is my home.

I will be leaving the country in a couple of months, and i would like to change my address to a virtual office. is this allowed by asic? my work is mainly online, and as such i do not really have a principal place of business.

thanks

flyer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    nel, post: 186127 wrote:
    hello,

i have an abn with a business name, and i work as a soletrader. currently my principal place of business(registered address) is my home.

I will be leaving the country in a couple of months, and i would like to change my address to a virtual office. is this allowed by asic? my work is mainly online, and as such i do not really have a principal place of business.

thanks

No I don’t think asic allows you to do that. I am currently having the same issue. ASIC has listed my home address in their public directory. I will be requesting them to change it for me. There is a form that you can fill in and send and they’ll review your case and make a decision. I wanted to do it few weeks ago but didn’t have time. Post it here if you’ve managed to change your home address to something else.

Grant Mason
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hello Nel –

Definitely a principal place of business may be a virtual address. ASIC does not like PO Boxes, but virtual addresses are the ticket as long as you have the consent of the business to use their address.

If you work out of your home you may use a serviced office centre address for your “Principal Place of Business.” If you have a commercial premise (not a home) ASIC does not generally allow use of another address as a “Principal Place of Business.”

One ASIC restriction noted is that using a serviced office centre as an alternate address for a “Principal Place of Business” is not allowed if a company is an AFS (Australian Financial Services) licensee. (An exception is if you have a physical office with us or use our meeting rooms to conduct your business. In such case the address would not be “alternate.”)

You might call ASIC if you have further questions.

I run Gordon Executive Centre on the North Shore of Sydney, and we get several letters a week from ASIC for our clients.

Click here to see our competitive offer: virtual office Sydney.

Regards, Grant Mason

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.