Home – New Forums Find the help you need Can a Sole Trader use “Co” in a business name?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JohnSmithJohn
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello Everyone,

I’ve tried searching around the web with zero luck and stumbled upon your forum! I have a business name idea but it’s taken for something unrelated so I wanted to use “Co” in mine when registering it, but I’m a Sole Trader so I don’t know if this is allowed. Anyone know?

e.g. Crafty Co

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I think you would be fine if you went with Craftyco (I may be wrong) but you would not be allowed to have a business name that may suggest that you are a company when you are not. But the bigger issue here is, do you really want to use a close name that is already in use – the existing business, would have a higher ranking in search engines and would always come above you when a person is searching for the business name rather then your niche, unless you do some really good marketing and the other business is not good at keeping their ranking.

JohnSmithJohn
    Up

Thanks for your help. Have one word doesn’t seem to fit very well, but you’re right that having Co seperate could mislead. Back to the drawing board :(

Mapa Accounting
    Up

Hey, how did you go with this in the end? Business names are a tricky thing. We register multiple Company Trusts each week for clients and are constantly having to get creative with naming. Can be a challenge!

JohnSmithJohn, post: 266266, member: 115208 wrote:
    Thanks for your help. Have one word doesn’t seem to fit very well, but you’re right that having Co seperate could mislead. Back to the drawing board :(
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.