Home – New Forums Get productive Can anyone help me with Excel?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Forensic01
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I am reaching out to this lovely community in the vain hope that someone can help me. I have been updating all my spreadsheets etc for the new financial year (and we became a registered company last week…so it has prompted me to tidy up my paperwork!!).

What I am trying to do is make an excel spreadsheet for time recording. As part of this, I have incorporated pivot tables to give me nice charts – such as chargeable versus non chargeable time. However, what I need to be able to do is filter the time periods….for example somewhere on my worksheet indicate that I am looking for data from 1st June 2013 to 1st August 2013…..and then all my pivot charts update accordingly.

I can see how to filter dates in my table…but it isn’t translating to the pivot tables.

I am using Excel 2010 (I think the newest version actually has a button where you can insert a slicer that does this for you – but 2010 doesn’t have this).

Anyone have any ideas? Or even know if this is possible (I would think Excel could cope with this!).

I am literally tearing my hair out trying to figure this out!

Fingers crossed someone can help me.

THanks!

Helen

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

This guy formats and programs Excel in his sleep;

http://www.calcul8ors.com.au/index.html

He’s also a FS member.

Cheers

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Do you need help getting together all of your income and expense details for your tax return for the year ended 30 June 2014 ?

Why not call Kelly on 0422 231 365 for some assistance

She will have all the spreadsheet answers for you.

Henk

Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up
    estim8, post: 193503 wrote:
    This guy formats and programs Excel in his sleep;

http://www.calcul8ors.com.au/index.html

He’s also a FS member.

Cheers

Thank you for your kind words Estim8, I’ll be happy to help.

I just found out that my website appears to have been hacked, and is being blocked. I’ve run a few scans and haven’t been able to pinpoint the problem yet. Hope that didn’t create a bad initial impression for Forensic01!

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
    Greg_M
    Up

I just hit your signature link … had no problem getting your site.

Cheers

help4bis.com
    Up

Nope works fine here as well.

Takes a little bit to come up but looks like your site.

Calcul8or
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for checking it out. I’m setting off virus alerts whenever I try to access it, so maybe it has something to do with my computer.

help4bis.com
    Up

Well your site is not listed on any
    malware, blacklist, spam or defacement alerts.

However, you appear not to have a firewall installed.

Try to clear your browser cache and try again. Some virus scanners return false positives, just exclude them in your settings.

It also might be your host… you have a funny name as your index page.
    If you type in http://www.calcul8ors.com.au/index.php all sorts of weird stuff happens.
    this might be due to your .htaccess file on your server.

Anyway I would have a chat with your host….. there is something not quite right there.

Help4bis.com

Calcul8or
    Participant
    Up
    help4bis.com, post: 193646 wrote:
    Well your site is not listed on any
    malware, blacklist, spam or defacement alerts.

However, you appear not to have a firewall installed.

Try to clear your browser cache and try again. Some virus scanners return false positives, just exclude them in your settings.

It also might be your host… you have a funny name as your index page.
    If you type in http://www.calcul8ors.com.au/index.php all sorts of weird stuff happens.
    this might be due to your .htaccess file on your server.

Anyway I would have a chat with your host….. there is something not quite right there.

Help4bis.com

How very strange. I’m surprised you’re getting anything at all with index.php, because the index page has an html extension.

I’ve cleared cache and sent a couple of emails to my host, but I don’t expect an answer in the next five minutes lol

Oh well, so long as it’s only me who can’t access my site, I guess there’s nothing to worry about at this stage.

Greg_M
    Up
    Calcul8or, post: 193651 wrote:
    How very strange. I’m surprised you’re getting anything at all with index.php, because the index page has an html extension.

I’ve cleared cache and sent a couple of emails to my host, but I don’t expect an answer in the next five minutes lol

Oh well, so long as it’s only me who can’t access my site, I guess there’s nothing to worry about at this stage.

Have you tried a different browser?

I’ve had dodgy hacks in individual browsers before, and cache clearing didn’t fix it.

help4bis.com
    Up
    Calcul8or, post: 193651 wrote:

Odd, i tried with the PHP extension because the link in our signature has a .php

The wonders of the thing called internet……… :-).

Calcul8or
    Participant
    Up
    estim8, post: 193652 wrote:
    Have you tried a different browser?

I’ve had dodgy hacks in individual browsers before, and cache clearing didn’t fix it.

It’s happening with chrome, firefox & ie!

Really weird.

CaraTee
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

did you sort it out? i have some experience with PTs. from what you posted i think you may need to put the month/year filters up the top of the pt?

Forensic01
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    CaraTee, post: 193735 wrote:
    did you sort it out? i have some experience with PTs. from what you posted i think you may need to put the month/year filters up the top of the pt?

Thanks CaraTee. Still not worked it out! I can put a date filter into the pivot table, but all that does is allow me to select the dates by checking the boxes next to each individual date (ie there isn’t a way to filter between dates). Ideally, I want to filter between two dates.

CaraTee
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

How many lines of dats have you got. I would add another column to add financial yr. (if that’s what you want to do)

Or you put columns in your pivot table and then you can get a sum at the end. Or. Months that you pick and then you will get total?

If you want to email me I’m happy to look at it. (Or some mock data so I can do the pt for you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.