Home – New Forums Starting your journey Can I buy a RZ1 property and use it as a studio?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lilly
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone!

I’m an artist and I run a small business. I’m currently running my business from a home studio in Victoria.

There is a building that I’m interested in buying to use as a new studio space. It was a council building and it’s the local council that are selling it at auction. It’s zone is RZ1. It has a toilet and kitchen but no bathroom. I will not live there or even sleep there.

My question is does anyone know if I’m able to use this property as a studio? Do councils have issues with people using a building for business purposes that are RZ1? I know that you cannot live in a building that does not have a shower/bath. Will this somehow have an effect on buying the property and then just using it as a place to work from.

I don’t want to have it open to trade or anything, there will be no signage etc. I just want to be able to use it for my art practice. This doesn’t involve noisy machinary etc.

I just want to know what I’m up against before I go to council and start asking questions.

cheers

Lilly

radge
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Ask the council (different councils might have different regulations) or the real estate agent should be able to tell you or find out the information for you as well

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

If you can get me the address privately then I will have my Victorian office have a quick look at the property and get back to you through who so others can see the answers (with all identifying info removed)

lilly
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    PRO, post: 166794 wrote:
    If you can get me the address privately then I will have my Victorian office have a quick look at the property and get back to you through who so others can see the answers (with all identifying info removed)

Thank you for the offer to have a look at it for me:) I have PM you.

kind regards Lilly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.