Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Can I think of you as my new colleagues?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy Chevis
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Ok, so I’ve set up my new business and I’m in that strange period before things really start to pick up (hopefully).

My business is about people – meeting people, engaging with people, listening, building meaningful relationships, helping people do their best thinking and achieve more than they thought they could.

I believe in the innate potential of human beings and I like being around them.

Bearing this in mind you probably understand that I’m a people person, I’m not brilliant on my own. So why on earth have I decided to work by myself in an office at home?

I’m hoping that’s where you come in, anyone fancy a coffee? I’ll meet you by Geoff’s desk in 5 minutes.

My website is brand new so I’d appreciate any feedback: http://www.leadingexperience.com.au

erinna
    Participant
    • Total posts: 135
    Up

Hi Andy!

Welcome to the forums :)

Id be more than happy to keep in touch for moral support and idea collaboration whenever you need it. :)

As another thought, a bit closer to home, have you considered finding a co-working space? Even for just one day a week you might find it suits you as a way of keeping in touch with other businesses etc.

I went to one the other week for a tour, and they had a big focus on supporting and collaborating with each other within the space. Im sure you could find something similar in Sydney :)

I know how isolating working from home can be, especially when interacting with people is what your business is about. This way you can network and work at the same time :)

Andy Chevis
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks Erinna,

I really appreciate it – I’m going to look into it tomorrow, sounds like my cup of tea.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new venture.

Sounds like you need to set up some regular networking activities so that you’re connecting with other people.

The Meet-ups section of the forums is a good place to start.

And feel free to hang out here and chat with us as often as you like too.

Jayne

mturner
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi – yes I can totally relate to that feeling of being stuck working in the home office – I just started a topic in the web site matter group about how important it is to network with real people – to promote your business/website.
    So I just wanted to add that – its a great way to help build some inbound links to your business website – which will help you with search engine rankings etc… and of course it’s just good to network with people for lots of other reasons too.
    I hope to make some good business connections via this forum soon too.
    (i’m overseas for a couple of months so won’t be meeting in the cafe just yet!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.