Home Forums Money matters Can someone recommend lawyer to set up discretionary trust?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    panopticon311
    • Total posts: 1

I am in the process of setting up a family trust and I want to engage a lawyer to advise on structure and also set it up for me. I’m in Sydney, fine to travel to any suburb or cbd

Wondering if anyone can recommend a lawyer or firm (prefer small firms where I deal with the partner) that can do this for me? Specifically looking for people who are particularly knowledgeable about practical asset protection strategies. Thank you!

Lisa Crocker
    • Total posts: 221

Hi and welcome to the forums!

We have some lawyers in our directory so you could try there: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/directory/legal-services/lawyers-solicitors
    and hopefully some others will step in with some personal recommendations, too.

Cheers,
    Lisa

PRO
    • Total posts: 450

Hi

We do setups all the time but no one in our Sydney office does at present (only property down there at this stage.) But do numerous over the phone/email for people we don’t meet in person. We charge $1650 inc GST and ASIC fees etc.

If you would like face to face then this guy is a gun
    http://terryw.com.au/

BradTurville
    • Total posts: 55

Hey there, if you have not already engaged someone to help you out with a discretionary trust I’m happy to help you. We do a lot of structuring and asset protection advice. In 2013 I basically spent the whole year dedicated to working on structures for businesses and property investing clients.

Unfortunately I see a lot of discretionary trusts that have been poorly established (more-so around estate planning consequences) when this can be easily avoidable from the get go by asking better questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.