Home – New Forums Starting your journey Can someone share Packaging slip template

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up
    ::

Can anyone share a packaging slip template i can update with my own details?

I have spent aggges on google and 1. there’s barely anything 2. nothing that i like

I am after something like what i attached.

No harm in asking:)

Have a great day.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    1911naomi, post: 214620, member: 64208 wrote:
    Can anyone share a packaging slip template i can update with my own details?

I have spent aggges on google and 1. there’s barely anything 2. nothing that i like

I am after something like what i attached.

No harm in asking:)

Have a great day.
    Hi Naomi,

Wouldn’t you want your ecom system to generate the packing slip, as such you would be limited to whats available from your ecomm system. Just thinking

1911naomi
    Up

Hey Bert,
    I am having my website made from scratch but really really really cheap, details in another post so i won’t bore you.
    This means I’m doing some bits and pieces to help finalise the website.
    Ive done a invoice template, “item is shipped” email template i just can’t get the packing slip.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    1911naomi, post: 214623, member: 64208 wrote:
    Hey Bert,
    I am having my website made from scratch but really really really cheap, details in another post so i won’t bore you.
    This means I’m doing some bits and pieces to help finalise the website.
    Ive done a invoice template, “item is shipped” email template i just can’t get the packing slip.

Naomi,

I think I am misreading what you want. Please clarify, are you wanting a packing slip you enter the data into and then print from your computer?

Or are you wanting it to integrate and self populate from your website?

Just your first post here says picking slip, of which I think Berts advice is spot on as ALL ecommerce/accounting software tends to do this for you. If it’s yhe second, I am not sure I have any advice or others would either as it would be your developer who would need to do this to ensure it integrates.

Hope all is well

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

The above posts are true. If you have an eCommerce system then it should already to it.

If you are not using ecom and are just using PayPal buttons, then PayPal can generate the packing slip for you.

1911naomi
    Up

Hi Jason,
    The second option.
    (Or are you wanting it to integrate and self populate from your website?)
    I just need to provide a template and she does the rest.
    Just checking if anyone had one laying around on their desktop, thats ok will work it out.
    Sounds like most people probably have it automatic from their ecommerce programs.

1911naomi
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 214626, member: 3997 wrote:
    The above posts are true. If you have an eCommerce system then it should already to it.

If you are not using ecom and are just using PayPal buttons, then PayPal can generate the packing slip for you.

OOOh thanks, yes i am using paypal!!
    Ok will look into it.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hi Naomi

Please, this comment is not meant to be impolite etc although with regards to getting your site done ‘cheaply’ by having it done from ‘scratch’ i feel that you are having a few problems over and above what you should.. Example, these ‘templates’ you are asking for should be provided with a simple back end ecommerce platform that doesnt require the recreation of the earth..

Is your site established to be able to expand easily if you need to? You may just want to incorporate some forward planning here.. One key reason i ask is that all these templates and emails should be automatically generated and uniform, in fact one of the repliers to this post (Matt) can do some awesome sites and i know they dont cost the world and are ‘unique’ in appearance…

Not telling you to change your options, far from it, but just be careful as would hate to see you have to spend double the time to change platforms down the track..

Not sure you will find anyone with a template like that ‘lying’ around as they use programs that already generate these for them from within a software package or existing ecommerce platform :(

Hope the product is going guns, how far away now?

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

Hi Naomi,

My sentiments mirror Jason’s, it sounds like your cheap website is already costing you extra time (money).

FWIW, I use Magento and rather than use a separate packing/shipping slip I actually just use the invoice. I take the invoice and my shipping label (printed through Magento as well) and do each order. Works quite well.

Maclean

1911naomi
    Up

Thanks again. back when i was looking into options i couldn’t afford $1k-$5k on a website and i didn’t like any templates so this was the alternative option i went with. Its almost finished and ready to launch so will leave it as is for now. However its good to look into forward planning, i don’t understand about if i need to expand it is it simple. At this stage if i need to upload more products/photos i am able to do this myself as i would have to using eccommerce programs.
    What other forward planning is there to be aware of, i don’t mean to sound naive I’m only 6 months into “starting a business” so its all new to me.

I know at the beginning when i was looking into websites i read its an investment to get a good quality website so that the $X upfront is worth it, but the website would cost as much as my goods and i didn’t/dont know how its going to sell. I know there is interest but i don’t know how many per day/week I’m going to sell.

I have high hopes but if worse comes to worse could i not whip up a shoptify webiste and cancel/close the old website or does it not work like that?

So yes it would be a pain having to quickly set up a new website using shoptify templates but is that my biggest risk?

1911naomi
    Up

jason – eta june 10th

1911naomi
    Up

what i need is a husband who is a web developer except i have one that installs air conditioners :p

PlanJapan
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Naomi, I share your frustration. It is all good and well for consultants to tell you that your “cheap website is costing you already”.
    I am in the same boat, with very little upfront investment money, and I just needed to get my product online, so I setup a Woocommerce template myself. It is not ideal, but I have sold a few units, and hopefully once I figure out marketing, it will be good enough for now.

Not everyone has money to burn. Also, with the business, I am more of the approach “risk what you can afford to lose”. I cannot afford to blow 5K on a website, giving that I am still testing the market with my product.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hi PlanJapan,

Time to put my hand up and emphatically advise that I am not a consultant and my input for Naomi (as has all my feedback for her) been in her interest and not mine.

With many years of business experience, both corporate and small, I have seen many traps that first timers get themselves into by trying to cut corners and costs without seeing the overall picture. This is not a comment about Naomi, but my feedback in this open forum is for the benefit of everyone reading that may also be going trough the same scenario.

As with all businesses, the first thing to assure success is the believe in yourself and commit to the venture, sometimes people get distracted by costs and think “oh if I only spend $500 on x I can easily walk away” and this is really giving up before you begin :(

Must say, I persoanlly am a little offended that you even wrote that it’s ok for consultants to say dah dah dah etc and not really read the positives that each and every one has made. In fact, both Maclean and I don’t do web sites (well in here to sell) and the only other comment was brief and not relevant to your comment which was from a designer – and a darn good one too that is helpful on this forum!

So, please ensure that you write what is relevant to the post re commenting in what others are saying.

Now that the rough is aside, I love your bravado on doing self woocommerce as this is an awesome, cheaper and easily managed ecommerce platform that CAN easily be modified and expanded upon in the future. And if you love it PlanJapan you can keep all the backend set up and just have a custom CS page created to look ‘fresher’ in the future :)

Back to Naomi though, the above paragraph is what I persoanlly am concerned about for her as she is having a ‘custom’ site designed and sounds like there is a few extras that really should be out of box solutions that may cause her troubles down the track, which would be unfortunate. And having followed a few of Naomi’s posts, about ecom/products/web/freight and many others there are a few regulars of the forums that have contributed over time and hopefully Naomi understands our goal(well mine more to the point) is to help and not as what you term a consultant which is what I persoanlly took offence to. Very broad stroke with that comment :(

Cheers and sorry for the hijack thread but I could not let that ‘call out’ go without reply

Jason

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    1911naomi, post: 214650, member: 64208 wrote:
    I have high hopes but if worse comes to worse could i not whip up a shoptify webiste and cancel/close the old website or does it not work like that?

?

I have followed this thread with much interest as some time soon I will be going down ecomm path, and there have been some excellent advise across several threads to Naomi from Jason, Matt and Macclean, sorry anyone else who has piped in as well. But these are 3 people who always give good advise.

but Naomi when I read the above part I was befuddled. If that’s what you believe you can do when your customized website can’t cope anymore, why didn’t you just whip up a shopify site now to start with, they have virtually everything you are after. And from my understanding you could have been up and running weeks ago. Happy for someone to tell me I am wrong, I do tend to put my foot in it occasionally.

Having come from to many years in the IT industry to want to remember, and seen Mega (and I mean millions), spent on customized solutions, I have just one piece of advise no matter how cheap, RUN. and sorry I don’t normally yell.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.