Home – New Forums Other discussions Can you get a better price for your services on Airtasker?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Suze English
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    ::

Hi all. Interesting news from Airtasker as they launch their new Services Calculator this week, to help users understand the average price range being paid for services in 55 different skills categories.

With a shortage of skilled workers driving up costs across the board, some sole traders are making a killing using skills marketplaces like Airtasker to find ad-hoc and freelance work that comes with a premium payday – especially for time-sensitive work like Christmas odd jobs.

I’m keen to hear if the average prices stated by Airtasker’s calculator are on par with your industry standard? And have you considered becoming a Tasker on Airtasker to find more business, or perhaps discovered any pitfalls or bonuses to taking part in ‘skills marketplace’ platforms?

Love to hear your thoughts!

Here’s a bit of a rundown of the calculator > https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/news/cash-in-on-christmas-fever-with-last-minute-job-opportunities/

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Suze English.
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Suze,

In my industry, the price spread is so wide that it is next to useless.

The spread is $433-$1033 monthly so the difference between high and low is close to 60%.

Anybody want to buy my car? I’m selling it for between $20,000 and $50,000 🙂

Cheers
    ~Paul

Suze English
    Up

haha fair enough, Paul. I guess that’s one of the ‘potential’ benefits of Airtasker and similar sites – you can push toward the higher end of the price spectrum when time is of the essence for one-off jobs, which I’m sure must be pushing up the stats for these site results at this time of year. I appreciate that this muddies the waters of the regular price spectrum quite a bit.

Still keen to hear if any small biz owners in our community are using Airtasker or other marketplaces to spruik their services. Business seems to be booming for trades and freelance work on these sites, which many soloists will identify with. 🙂

Scarlett74
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Airtasker new for me. I am going to join now. I will share my experience soon in same thread.

Suze English
    Up

Cool Scarlett, let us know how you go!

JenEsabell
    Participant
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi there! I’m glad to hear about Airtasker’s new Services Calculator. It does seem like it could be useful in helping users understand average prices for services in different skills categories. From my experience, the average prices stated by Airtasker’s calculator are quite on par with industry standard.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.