Home – New Forums Other discussions Can you sell a business that you created but haven’t actually ‘traded’ much?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CaraTee
    • Total posts: 77
    Up
    ::

Let me explain briefly

Three yrs ago I started on a venture to create a retail food business – selling online, at farmers markets and small delis/retailers on consignment.

I invested some cash and lots of my knowledge/skills creating

1. recipes
    2. brandings
    3. logos
    4. packaging design
    5. website/email
    6. social media following

I attended markets for about six months and got some great feedback. However, I had two kids 13mths apart and continued to work at my day job and just haven’t the time to put into it.

I have stock in the value of around $2,000 COG/$8,000= retail and physcial holdings like signage/display equipment to the value of maybe $3,000.

Is this worth selling? I have put in alot of ground work and the person could hit the ground running but there is no sale/revenue per say/

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Businesses are really only worth anything if there is cash flow.

Stock can be sold if people can think they can resell it.

Logo’s etc are really only worth a fraction of what you paid for them.

Cheers,

Matt

GavinSloan
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

There’s nothing to stop you trying to sell it…. :-)
    I am sure there is someone out there who has similar aspirations to start a business and will appreciate that some of the initial work has already been done.
    You might not get back what you put in to it, but anything you can recoup is better than nothing.
    Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.