Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Can you use your personal credit card for business use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ej
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi,

Im looking to start a business and I want to know if I can use my personal credit card for some business expenses?. THis way i can earn points?

Thanks,

Eamon

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

The short answer is yes, just account for business and personal expenses on your statement.

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

The short answer is yes, just account for business and personal expenses on your statement.

sourcewellbeing
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Absolutely!

I do exactly that at the moment but I agree that you must keep your statements and clearly differentiate between personal and business expenditure so I find a regular rec is very helpful to keep on top of the books

Good luck!

sourcewellbeing
    Up

Absolutely!

I do exactly that at the moment but I agree that you must keep your statements and clearly differentiate between personal and business expenditure so I find a regular rec is very helpful to keep on top of the books

Good luck!

ej
    Up

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

What is the best way to keep a record? Excel spread sheet?

Thanks,

Eamon

ej
    Up

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,

Eamon

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Or an easier way to keep track is get a separate credit card purely for business use. That way it makes it so much easier when it comes to doing the books.

Regards

Cat :)

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Or an easier way to keep track is get a separate credit card purely for business use. That way it makes it so much easier when it comes to doing the books.

Regards

Cat :)

sourcewellbeing
    Up
    ej, post: 114315 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,

Eamon

I started out using Excel to track all expenses and then did a rec with the cc and bank account statement. Now i’ve moved to MYOB instead but Excel worked fine initially for me. Just enter everything everyday and its easy.

I agree with Cat that a seperate business CC would streamline things as you can input your statement into MYOB or similar or at least its ‘tidier’ for the bookeeping but you’d have to shop around and see if you can collect your points i guess!

cheers

sourcewellbeing
    Up
    ej, post: 114315 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,

Eamon

I started out using Excel to track all expenses and then did a rec with the cc and bank account statement. Now i’ve moved to MYOB instead but Excel worked fine initially for me. Just enter everything everyday and its easy.

I agree with Cat that a seperate business CC would streamline things as you can input your statement into MYOB or similar or at least its ‘tidier’ for the bookeeping but you’d have to shop around and see if you can collect your points i guess!

cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.