Home – New Forums Wellbeing & balance Cancer Survivors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ::
    Burgo, post: 263427, member: 58 wrote:
    I thought I was busy when I worked but 11 years into retirement and Im busier than Ive ever been.

Hey [USER=58]@Burgo[/USER] I don’t know if its being scientifically proven, but just from my observation, those who get busier after retirement tend to live longer if they do keep busy. The number of people I know that dropped of the perch within 6 or 12 months of retirement and had decided to take the sit on the couch approach is high. Yet those who powered on with some other activities seem to have kept going. Just my observation, and as I said I don’t have any stats.

Keep it up young man.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

February already, where has this year gone.
    I trust you all had a great Christmas and New Year and that your so busy you don’t have time to do those mundane things that don’t bring in an income.
    Also thank to all of you that have donated to the Sydney Survivorship Foundation.
    During the last week of January I was told there wasn’t enough funding to keep the facility open five days a week and they were reducing it to three days a week.
    This week was a totally different storey and that funding had been found to keep the facility open five days a week. Where the funding has comefrom I have no idea but I intend to find out.
    Last week when I heard about the proposed closure I sent emails to members of OMNi (the Older Mens Network incorporated) asking for help and the following week Funding was available, but whoever found this additional funding for the Sydney Survivorship Foundation I thank you
    However should you still wish to donate the link is https://www.slhd.nsw.gov.au/concord/donation.html
    scroll down to where do you wish to donate and click on Survivorship Centre.
    All donations are tax deductable and you have my thanks and appreciation.
    Burgo

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Friends of the Sydney Cancer Survivorship Centre is our new Facebook page
    Have a look and like if you please

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

How time flys when your having fun. And a big thank you to those that have donated to the Sydney Cancer Survivorship Centre.
    Sydney Health has made a considerable contribution and Bendigo Bank also donated $ 20,000 dollars and to top it of Concord Golf Club a. further $ 5300.
    Things are looking very positive but we still have a long way to go.
    We are currently organising some fund raising events for later on this year and hopefully I’ll be able to post here soon with the dates and what they will be.
    I’ve been watching the forum but haven’t posted for a while but that is about to change.
    See you soon
    Burgo

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Wow! That’s amazing progress Burgo. Congratulations on everything so far and $25k plus the rest will surely go a long way to helping a lot of people who need it and keeping the centre open :)
    Keep us posted and we’ll do all we can to spread the word.
    Will be great to have you back around the place when you get a minute!!
    Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.