Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Capturing Memories Journal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    starjam
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hello All,

I have a stack of papers with writing, diagrams, pictures, a mock up website and I’d like to get started… I’m almost too scared to take the leap.

I’ve been sitting on this idea for way too long and it’s time to give it a go and turn the musings into a tangible book. As the title suggests it a fill in journal book that you write in, with prompts. I have seen a couple on the market and I really feel as though they’re over complicated or a little too base. Nothing in the middle.

My first question is the name. How do I register it to get started? I already have an ABN number as a performer. Would I have to create a new one for the business?

And the second one is that I need to work with a graphic designer. Would I have to get them to sign a nondisclosure agreement? Or am I being too paranoid?

Any other advice or help would be muchly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Jan

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi Jan

Welcome to Flying Solo :) It sounds like a nervous and exiting time for you!

With regard to your ABN, I think you would be able to use the one you already have. However, I would recommend confirming this with the ATO.

With regard to you website, I would recommend you contact Quick on the Click. I met them on the forum and (as I am a website copywriter) refer clients onto them. They also have a graphic designer on board, so all areas are covered.

I have worked with them on a couple of projects and have found them to be very warm and professional, offering sound advice and fabulous support at very affordable prices.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Kindest
    Kirsty

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Jan, you can register two business names ip using the one ABN. The trick is to find a name and domain that are the same…. This is not easy.

Depending on the level of your images, it would be best to work with a professional graphic designer as image is everything!

I would recommend a non disclosure signed.

starjam
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks for welcoming me Toni and Kirsty.

I’ve already found a name and domain that are the same however there is a company in the US that have the same name but without the ‘s that I have on the end of mine. I have the domain name but haven’t registered the business name yet.

Thanks Kirsty, I have a professional GD that is helping with ideas for the moment but I haven’t given her a non disclosure to sign!!! Arghhh… Next on list.

Cheers
    Jan

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jan,

A warm welcome from all of us here at Flying Solo HQ too.

Sounds like an exciting time for you! I hope it all progresses nicely.

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.