Home – New Forums Tech talk Care to give website feedback?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I’ve recently launched http://www.thinkbigbusinessacademy.com and 1) I’d love some overall feedback from anybody that would like to, and 2) anything that stands out that might cause SEO problems (Google said my site hasn’t been penalized, so perhaps it’s the design that’s not Search Engine friendly?). I don’t have many backlinks, but the site should still show up..

Thanks everybody! :)

nitro-it
    Participant
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

1. Lacks content on home page. Under the Happy Customer video I would add some blurb about who he is and why he’s happy (in addition to the video).

2. Logo isn’t big. In fact it’s one of the smallest components on your website. The light to dark gradient works on white but not a dark background and makes it hard to read.

3. This might be just personal opinion, but the site has a suspicious feel to it. Lack of street address on Contact page adds to this, especially considering it’s an “ACADEMY”.

There’s more but that’s enough to get you started.

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Agree with NitroIT, your site needs a lot more quality content. On its homepage, your site should provide the main highlights of your offered services and give your visitors some reasons why they should try your offered courses.

I also observed that your site doesn’t have targeted keywords. I would recommend you to use Google Adwords Keyword Tool to choose some more keywords that can possibly give your site more traffic from search engines.

chook
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Hi Brentis

I like the un-cluttered look of the front page but, as the others said, more information would help. I watched the video but actually thought it was an introduction to the video and was waiting for the content. I then looked to find out more about you and your background but there was no information. I only buy/download products after I have read information about who is publishing it, what their background is and have read alot of their blog posts or been referred it by someone I trust.

I hope this is helpful

Newleaf Exchange
    • Total posts: 95
    Up

Hi,
    I agree with the above but pushed on. I went to sign up but stopped because the site did not say if there was or was not a cost.

It’s a personal thing but I like to know what the finance side is before I start signing up…

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

You offer online marketing services to small businesses but you can’t identify why Google will not index your site?

The answer is so very simple and basic that I imagine an online marketing expert like yourself has temporarily overlooked it.

I’m sure you will want to work it out for yourself.

BTW. Google will not index your site until you remedy the problem.
    Regs,
    JohnW

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

I think the whole set up looks cheap and nasty.

Maybe an About Us/Who We Are page for starters without the need to sign up to your course before you introduce yourself.

Part 1.
    Who We Are
    How WeAre Going To Help You.

Who does that?

Though, contemplating signing up just to see what you say about choosing an business name – given the circumstances.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Brentis,

Have you ever seen this sort of thing in a webpage’s HTML? I take it you are familiar with its effects?

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

You should post this again in the reviews section to get more feedback.

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

Thanks for the feedback guys. You’ve brought up a lot of good points which I’m making changes to right now.

Cheers!
    Brentis

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Ditch the homepage video as well. I was expecting to get something out of it, I was dissapointed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.