Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Cash For Scrap : First Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    CashforScrapbrisbane
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey FS Members,

Here is my first website up:

http://cashforscrapbrisbane.com.au/
    We provide cash for your unwanted cars in any condition: Running/Not running/Flooded etc!

Large Cars $300 Cash
    Medium Cars $200 Cash
    Small Cars $100 Cash

Any feedback would be great!
    Ideas on getting more business to :)

Kind regards

A

Hannah at Frenchknot
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Great idea. We were looking to get rid of some scrap metal recently and there are very few dealers online.

Your website looks great as well.

Hannah at Frenchknot
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Great idea. We were looking to get rid of some scrap metal recently and there are very few dealers online.

Your website looks great as well.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi A,

It seems the website is not quite finished? The links to “read more” about each car size/amount don’t go anywhere. The contact page isn’t complete… Still says “Contact (name) on 0425258004” am assuming your name should be in there.

It would appear that the business is called “Cash for Scrap” – but there’s really no information about the business. I would (as a visitor) be looking for an ABN and “about us” information. This is the sort of information I look for at any website to make sure I am dealing with a ‘legitimate’ business.

All the best :)

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi A,

It seems the website is not quite finished? The links to “read more” about each car size/amount don’t go anywhere. The contact page isn’t complete… Still says “Contact (name) on 0425258004” am assuming your name should be in there.

It would appear that the business is called “Cash for Scrap” – but there’s really no information about the business. I would (as a visitor) be looking for an ABN and “about us” information. This is the sort of information I look for at any website to make sure I am dealing with a ‘legitimate’ business.

All the best :)

Justina Ngu
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

It looks clean, but there is definitely a lack of text information – not good for SEO. Also, anyone going to your website will definitely want to find out more about your business and how you deliver your services before they contact you on your phone.

As mentioned earlier by JacquiPryor the “read more” links as well as the 3 boxes on the front page do not lead to anywhere, which can be annoying.

The 3 boxes are not consistent in their wordings – not very professional. may look better if you use pictures and words for these boxes.

A nice logo for your business will be helpful in branding your business.

The “Contact” tab on the left hand is not necessary as you have a “Contact” buttom on the top right.

These are just some of my thoughts. All the best to you!

Justina Ngu
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

It looks clean, but there is definitely a lack of text information – not good for SEO. Also, anyone going to your website will definitely want to find out more about your business and how you deliver your services before they contact you on your phone.

As mentioned earlier by JacquiPryor the “read more” links as well as the 3 boxes on the front page do not lead to anywhere, which can be annoying.

The 3 boxes are not consistent in their wordings – not very professional. may look better if you use pictures and words for these boxes.

A nice logo for your business will be helpful in branding your business.

The “Contact” tab on the left hand is not necessary as you have a “Contact” buttom on the top right.

These are just some of my thoughts. All the best to you!

morpheyous
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hey,

IMHO I reckon it hits the spot, straight on!

Good job!

Peter

morpheyous
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hey,

IMHO I reckon it hits the spot, straight on!

Good job!

Peter

Adam Stanecki
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Nice start.

A few points:

• The “read more…” links don’t go anywhere.
    • Add more info about YOU
    • Provide an address
    • Include your name somewhere
    • Consider SEO implications of your design

Good luck.

Adam Stanecki
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Nice start.

A few points:

• The “read more…” links don’t go anywhere.
    • Add more info about YOU
    • Provide an address
    • Include your name somewhere
    • Consider SEO implications of your design

Good luck.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

As others have said, it looks a bit unfinished.

And the link your “developer” has to their website is spelt wrong and links to nowhere – doesn’t smack of professionalism.

The purpose of asking for a review here is to take on board feedback. Obviously you don’t have to agree with everything or implement what people say, but I notice that your Contact page still says “Contact (name)” which is just silly and has been pointed out already.

I hate to say it – but were you actually after any suggestions, or just wanting to drop a link? Because if genuine, it seems strange that the contact page still looks like this after receiving the above advice from others 3 weeks ago!

Matt

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

As others have said, it looks a bit unfinished.

And the link your “developer” has to their website is spelt wrong and links to nowhere – doesn’t smack of professionalism.

The purpose of asking for a review here is to take on board feedback. Obviously you don’t have to agree with everything or implement what people say, but I notice that your Contact page still says “Contact (name)” which is just silly and has been pointed out already.

I hate to say it – but were you actually after any suggestions, or just wanting to drop a link? Because if genuine, it seems strange that the contact page still looks like this after receiving the above advice from others 3 weeks ago!

Matt

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    CashforScrapbrisbane, post: 112907 wrote:
    Hey FS Members,

We provide cash for your unwanted cars in any condition: Running/Not running/Flooded etc!

Great start to your site. I love it. Although it looks incomplete I’m sure it will be finished well.

Just need to work on SEO to get it to rank.

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    CashforScrapbrisbane, post: 112907 wrote:
    Hey FS Members,

Great start to your site. I love it. Although it looks incomplete I’m sure it will be finished well.

Just need to work on SEO to get it to rank.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.