Home – New Forums Other discussions Celebrate Work in the Nude Day! Friday 7 Dec 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    ::

Hi soloists!

Here’s something a little different :p

What is the only work environment where you can wear your birthday suit to work? The home office!

On Friday 7 December, Flying Solo is celebrating the nation’s inaugural Work in the Nude Day – a day devoted to rejoicing in the freedoms of working by yourself, from your home.

Nude_no_link.thumbnail.300x250.png

On the first Friday of the summer, Work in the Nude Day gives us home-office workers the chance to take full (monty) advantage of the flexibility and freedom of running our own business from home.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED?

If you work from home, there are three ways you can celebrate Work in the Nude Day on Friday 7 December:

1/ Wear your birthday suit: Simply strip off and get down to business as usual! Even if only for an hour or two. This is freedom in its purest form. Enjoy it – because only people who work from home can.

2/ Wear whatever the heck you want: The beauty of working from home is that you can wear anything you like – be it your slippers or your Superman costume (everyone has one of those, right?). Redefine “dressed for success”.

3/ Tell everyone you know: Friday 7 December means full soloist bragging rights. This is your chance to tell your friends just how free you are as a home-based micro business owner. Choose from the following status updates/tweets, or get creative! And be sure to link back to http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/work-in-the-nude-day so people can know more.

• Today, I’m wearing my birthday suit for Work in the Nude Day because I can! http://bit.ly/TJbLEt
    • Today, I’m wearing my __________ for Work in the Nude Day because I can! http://bit.ly/TJbLEt

Twitterers, use the hashtags:
    #WITND
    #WorkintheNudeDay
    #loveworkingfromhome

PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT!

Whether you choose to work bare-skinned or in your PJs on the day, we want to know you’re taking part. You can show your support by doing any or all of the following right now:

• Join the Work in the Nude Day event on Facebook
    • Like/Tweet/Share theWork in the Nude Day page on the Flying Solo website http://bit.ly/TJbLEt
    • Like the Flying Solo Facebook page
    • Post a comment on Flying Solo’s Facebook page or add a post below on the forum

We invite you to help us celebrate the freedom and flexibility of working from home on 7 December – the first Friday of summer!

Until then, hang loose!
    Peter on behalf of the (slightly nervous) FS Crew

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Best. Idea. Ever.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Awesome idea.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I’ll need to make sure my webcam is off…and I sit on a fitness ball, so there’s a little planning required there too lol

Wendy :)

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up
    Couple It, post: 138766 wrote:
    …and I sit on a fitness ball
    Wouldn’t it all get a bit, um, wobbly? ;)
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

What is the only work environment where you can wear your birthday suit to work? The home office!

Hmmm… this still assumes there are not others in/around the home office. Or, if there are then you’re comfortable to still wear your birthday suit to work! The floor to ceiling glass door in my office that looks straight over the fence to my neigbour’s place tells me this might not be the best idea ;) But hats off (and everything else) to those that participate!

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Wh. Wh, What do you mean day? I. I, ahh thought this was standard all year round uniform? *me rushes to put clothes on*

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 138776 wrote:
    The floor to ceiling glass door in my office that looks straight over the fence to my neigbour’s place tells me this might not be the best idea ;)

I have a similar issue Jacqui, but am thinking that wearing a WonderWoman outfit for the day might be the go.

Join me?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Hahahahahahahahaha when the body gets to a certain AGE, ’tis not a pretty sight. Now if “Nude Day” was held tomorrow then we could give the kids a FRIGHT……………….

Tis OK for you younguns with fit looking bodies, but we “older” folk have to think on this…….then again all converge on FS HQ should be worth a laugh or three

MyGreatIdea
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 138785 wrote:
    …t am thinking that wearing a WonderWoman outfit for the day…

You don’t need to wear the suit Jayne :)

MyGreatIdea
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 138771 wrote:
    Wouldn’t it all get a bit, um, wobbly? ;)

Hence the need to keep web cam off…

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Hmm… summer day, leather seat, nude skin.

That chair might be stuck in place for a while!! 😮

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up
    The Copy Chick, post: 138809 wrote:
    Hmm… summer day, leather seat, nude skin.
    Stop it, you’re turning me on! 😮
    The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Then set that scene in your mind’s eye with a butt-nekid Kerry Packer :p

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up
    The Copy Chick, post: 138818 wrote:
    Then set that scene in your mind’s eye with a butt-nekid Kerry Packer :p
    That sorted it.

Double 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.