Home – New Forums Other discussions Celebrity Apprentice & How to destroy your career in seconds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    ::

Anyone who watched this last night received an amazing education on how NOT to conduct yourself in today’s age of social media. Gone are the days when we all just received the media spin and fluff pieces that celeb marketing folks send to us. Now days thanks to SM it cuts both ways. Celebs use the SM as a vehicle to connect with masses of fans, but unlike before, if the regular folks don’t like something, they have immense collective power to lay the smack-down on celebrities behaving badly, and there’s absolutely no way to sweep it under the carpet.

After last night Deni Hines’ Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube channels have all been absolutely beseiged due to her performance which was meant to be about working for charity.

I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Do you guys think she got what she deserved?

DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

I haven’t seen much on celebrity apprentice but from the one episode I saw it looked extremely staged, everyone was arguing and tears were flowing the whole time.

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233
    Up

I cannot bring myself to watch these shows (spewk) but I really have no idea why professional, non-desperate people would ever contemplate tarnishing their careers by appearing on these shows…..:confused:

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Yeah it does seem to have a way of making people look like fools… On the other hand Shane Crawford and Julia Morris and a few others came away looking like absolute heroes totally down to earth and very little ego in sight. A great PR move for some of them.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    bluewoodstudio, post: 97626 wrote:
    … I really have no idea why professional, non-desperate people would ever contemplate tarnishing their careers by appearing on these shows…..:confused:

I’d love to think it was recommended by agents wanting to give difficult clients a dose of ‘reality’ ;)

acrom
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

I watched a couple of episodes here and there. It was amazing to watch the self destruction – Deni Hines, Jason Coleman, Max Markson. I mean who would hire an agent / publicist who cannot even manage his own image.

When I watch shows like this, I think to myself “Am I the only one who thinks that these people are off their tree?”. The great thing about social media is that it quickly confirms to me that I am not the only one thinking that.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

I can’t do it! I have to close my eyes when just the trailers come on.

A business reality TV program that is worth a look at is “Risking it all”. It runs from time to time on Foxtel. Follows businesses through start up. Some win some lose. Not so obviously contrived as your typical mass consumer reality TV.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.