Home – New Forums Tech talk Change colours on live TV

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    The Flagman
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi Fellow Soloists

Is it possible to change the colour of an object whilst watching live TV ?? A challenge no doubt

The Flagman

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    The Flagman, post: 204751 wrote:
    Hi Fellow Soloists

Is it possible to change the colour of an object whilst watching live TV ?? A challenge no doubt

The Flagman

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you want to?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    estim8, post: 204765 wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance, but why would you want to?

Yes, quite an odd post.. tantalising? unsure i as dont really come to FS for riddles.. Technology post? mmm, maybe.. Although as so eloquently put above ‘why would you want to?”..

Although i could change the colour of any object whilst watching live tv, although i am not sure Ned (my Jack Russell) would be fond of this challenge ;)

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Yes

The Flagman
    Up

hi estim8

i have a fantastic business idea and need to chnage colours on the tv in real time??

cheers al

GavinSloan
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

I am so completely perplexed by this post… And I don’t know why I need to know, but for some reason I really do NEED to know what this is all about… :-)

The Flagman
    Up

Thankyou GavinSloan for your interesting question

I cant really say what it actually is but it is a business venture that when implemented I believe will be very lucrative with people scratching their heads saying “Why Didn’t I think of that”

If anyone knows the answer to my very simple question I would be only too willing to
    offer a % of this new venture.

Merry Xmas to All

The Flagman
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 204778 wrote:
    Yes, quite an odd post.. tantalising? unsure i as dont really come to FS for riddles.. Technology post? mmm, maybe.. Although as so eloquently put above ‘why would you want to?”..

Although i could change the colour of any object whilst watching live tv, although i am not sure Ned (my Jack Russell) would be fond of this challenge ;)

Cheers
    Jason

jason

did you just answer a riddle (sic) with a riddle ?

the flagman

Ps the question is serious

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    The Flagman, post: 204898 wrote:
    jason

did you just answer a riddle (sic) with a riddle ?

the flagman

Ps the question is serious

I think Jason just said he was going to throw a bucket of paint at his dog…

There’s a couple of reasons I could think of for changing colours.

1. Accessibility: High contrast colours for sight impaired or changing colours specific to colour blindness
    2. Advertising: Much much much more involved but somehow would allow you to replace certain advertising with others (even as I type this it sounds ridiculous)

Given the second one is stupid I’m going with the first one.

The Flagman
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 204899 wrote:
    I think Jason just said he was going to throw a bucket of paint at his dog…

There’s a couple of reasons I could think of for changing colours.

1. Accessibility: High contrast colours for sight impaired or changing colours specific to colour blindness
    2. Advertising: Much much much more involved but somehow would allow you to replace certain advertising with others (even as I type this it sounds ridiculous)

Given the second one is stupid I’m going with the first one.

sorry not the application I am thinking of but very interesting

cheers the flagman

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    The Flagman, post: 204751 wrote:

Do you mean change the colour of an object that’s on the screen? From the production crews end or the viewer’s end?

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Impossible to answer without more details.

From the video production end, possibly. If an environment can be controlled, as in, the object doesn’t move, or is over a green screen or similar, then yes. If you mean generally something like ‘whenever a blue car comes on view, make it red’, then almost certainly no – it’s really hard for computer vision to pick out discreet objects and know what they are.

For a home consumer thing, almost certainly not.

The actual changing of something’s colour is super easy, it’s just a hue adjustment. But knowing what to change the colour of, and where the boundaries of that object are, is a much harder problem. Particularly when you’re talking about the real world and need to deal with focus, and object overlaying each other.

So my answer is definitely maybe, it depends. :)

The Flagman
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 204907 wrote:
    I sometimes cook dinner while watching live TV. I’m sure I could complete many other tasks such as changing the colour of something as well…

Or do you mean change the colour of an object that’s on the screen? From the production crews end or the viewer’s end?

Hi Bluepenquin

Thankyou for your interest and response, Yes i would like to be able change the colour of say a red flag and to another colour in real time

is this at all possible

Cheers The Flagman

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    The Flagman, post: 204920 wrote:
    Hi Bluepenquin

Thankyou for your interest and response, Yes i would like to be able change the colour of say a red flag and to another colour in real time

is this at all possible

Cheers The Flagman

At the request of the viewer to change the colour to what they want? or for the crew to change it to whatever they want?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    The Flagman
    Up

Thankyou for your response

Yes for the crew to be able to change the colour, or a middle man to be able to change the colour befor it goes to air

Regards allan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.